Adventure Time: Distant Lands is it's own show

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
19wolf

Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:46 pm

Regarding the discussion on viewtopic.php?f=18&t=66191&p=180667&hil ... ds#p180667, Adventure Time: Distant Lands is it's own show, not "Specials" of Adventure Time.

Source of Truth: HBO Max (the show's original network)
"Return to the Land of Ooo and beyond in Adventure Time: Distant Lands. Based on the animated series Adventure Time created by Pendleton Ward and executive produced by Adam Muto, this series explores the unseen corners of the world with characters both familiar and brand new."
https://www.hbomax.com/series/urn:hbo:s ... I9DgEAAAAY

Since it states in the description that it's based on Adventure Time, that would make it technically a spin-off series.
ad1995

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:29 am

Agreed! Definitely marketed and described as it's own show and not just a continuation of the main Adventure Time series.
PawClaw

Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:01 am

Definitely agree all the makreting etc make it very clear its it's own spin-off show not special episodes or a new seasons of the original series.

Sticking it into the specials of the original series would be like putting Steven Universe Future into specials of Steven Universe.
annomatik

Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:08 am

Well, it was its own show on thetvdb.com at some point but it seems to be gone now. I wonder, why we can't have both -- the specials in Adventure Time (my preference) and the show as a standalone (which also makes sense). For me, it's more like a "OVA", a prequel, that fits nicely into the original show as specials. But if we have both, specials + own show, everyone should be happy, right?
Imzadi
Site Moderator

Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:28 am

No, we don't allow duplicates. It was decided, that it would be added as specials.
ad1995

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:31 am

I'm not really sure the reason it's been moved into the Specials folder of Adventure Time as it's definitely it's advertised as a spin-off which would make it a seperate show
wormbo

Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:27 pm

+1 for making this it's own show, it's not a special for the original show.
antv311

Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:54 pm

Imdb is show casing this as a mini serries and a sequel. At most it should at least be considered it's own show.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt11165358/