The Great War (2014) Specials

Request & discuss changes to movies.
hr1983

Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:16 am

Is there a reason, why all the specials were deleted? Can someone restore them?
Evan_

Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:27 am

hr1983 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:16 am
Is there a reason, why all the specials were deleted? Can someone restore them?
Hello !

You're not in the right place here, it's for the film.

Then for your request they were deleted by a member of staff which means that there must be a reason. The most likely is that his episodes do not fall into the special category.
Here is an excerpt from the rules which clearly explains what is allowed and what is not.:
TV Specials

In order to qualify for addition to the Specials section of a television series, the video in question must have either aired on television or have been streamed on the official series website or network website. The only exceptions to this are pilots and episodes that weren't aired for various reasons, including but not limited to: series cancellation, being banned due to content.

As a general rule we don't allow related movies to be listed in the specials — these should be listed separately as Movies. In future iterations of this site, we will be able to link all of this content together. A good example of this is the Firefly movie, Serenity. This film is a direct continuation of the series and has aired on television a number of times, so it has been entered in as a Special. All other content such as extras on DVDs which are not part of the storyline (bloopers, makings of, deleted scenes, cast interviews, etc.) DO NOT belong on here UNLESS they aired on television or were streamed on the official series website. Director’s cuts of individual episodes are also not allowed, however, exceptions may be made in strange cases.

Allowed: Aired or officially streamed special content (such as webisodes), pilots, unaired episodes. This included OVAs/ONAs/omakes/side stories/re-tellings/recap episodes (if unnumbered or numbered with a decimal such as 4.5)/etc. for anime.

Not Allowed: Director's/Extended Cuts and DVD extras such as: bloopers, making-ofs, deleted scenes, cast interviews (unless streamed or aired). Also not permitted are compilations of seasons merging every episode into one long video featuring little to no changes (i.e. 2003’s Star Wars: Clone Wars).

Movies that continue the arc of a show CAN be added as Specials for now, but they should also be added into our new movies section.

**Additionally, we encourage everyone to use the “Before” and “After” fields for each special episode to denote where a special falls chronologically and story-wise. This can be found after you create a special, and then click "Edit Episode."

NEW MAY 2020 — You are now able to denote whether a special falls within a series storyline or not. When editing a Special, look for the section called Special is Critical to Show's Story — then select Yes or No from the drop-down menu.
In addition you must provide a link to the series.
hr1983

Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:24 pm

Evan_ wrote:
Hello !
You're not in the right place here, it's for the film.
Who's talking about a movie? Certainly not me.
I'm talking about the series named in the subject.
In case you cannot enter the name into the search, here is the link:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-great-war-2014
And of course I'm in the right place here. My "series change request" is to restore the deleted specials.
Evan_ wrote:
they were deleted by a member of staff which means that there must be a reason.
Not really an answer to my question: "Why where they deleted?"
I guess that the responsible staff member is neither braindead nor an idiot, so sure they should have a reason. The question still remains: Why were they deleted?
Evan_ wrote:
The most likely is that his episodes do not fall into the special category.
They are nothing that has been disqualified from specials categories. They are true special episodes, that have been published by the show's producers within the show's canon.