legend of the galactic heroes Die Neue These specials - a clarification and reorganization

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
Majora

Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:34 am

So as most of you know, there was a reboot of the legend of the galactic heroes series called Die Neue These. It had a season of 12 episodes, which finished June 26, 2018. We have been expecting the first of three movies on September 27. Now there been a bit of confusion as usually, movies are a longer and one file affair. However, it seems they have gone the space battleship Yamato route releasing four episodes in a theater.

So the changes that need to be made, I propose that current stellar war specials should be deleted. They then should be replaced with the current three stellar war part 1 episodes with the last coming next week. We will have to redo this process on October 25 and November 29 since each movie is split into four episodes. You might want to keep parts 2 and 3 around till then though it's your call.

stellar war part 1 episodes

1. Stellar War - Amritsar
release date: September 27, 2019
director: Tada, Shunsuke
special released: after season 1
2. Stellar War- The Death of the Kaiser
release date: September 27, 2019
3.Stellar War - Before the Storm
release date: October 10, 2019

Typically I don't write synopsis's, so if someone wants to tackle that later or wait on an official source, I have no issue with that. Also, to clear up some confusion, we need to remove the Legend of the Galactic Heroes: The New Thesis - Stellar War entry as they are specials of Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These.

link for removal: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/legend-o ... tellar-war id just in case: 370210

link for original: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/343237

sources about movie : https://www.animatetimes.com/news/detai ... 1570086395
https://myanimelist.net/news/58341053
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:10 am

The release format of Galactic Heroes 2019 matches the one of Yamato 2202. At the same time as you could go to watch the movies, it was also possible to buy a limited edition disc release with the episodes separated. This technically makes both series fall under the OVA distribution method.

However, Galactic Heroes 2018 is a TV series only, and OVAs for these are Specials by site policy. Movies are also Specials for the same reason. This is the difference between it and Yamato, which is strictly an OVA with a later broadcast on MBS.

Right now we list the movie version as the Special. I'm not opposed to changing it to the episodes since I realize now the disc distribution method (previous denied requests didn't link this information, and yours doesn't either) so I'll have a talk about that with other mods. But it will not be considered Season 2 except in DVD Order since it did not air on TV.
Majora

Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:28 pm

Oh no, I am not arguing to make these second season episodes. I think we should split the three movie specials into the episodic format they seem to be releasing them in either that or mention they are split into 4 episodes in the synopsis.

unfortunately, I could not dig up much in the way of primary sources for disk distribution, as you mentioned.
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:57 am

The episodes have been added to the Specials and DVD Order has been set to Season 2. Absolute Order is also set to 13-24.
The air date corresponds to the release date of the limited edition theater version of the disc set.