Crossover Episodes

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
michaelkoliver151B4

Crossover Episodes

Postby michaelkoliver151B4 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:22 pm

TMBD removed crossover episodes in the form of a movie from their database and so did Trakt. They are the worst. Would there be anyway to add them to TvDB in the crossover order so users don’t have to dig through multiple shows, seasons & episodes, to watch them?

Mistywing

Re: Crossover Episodes

Postby Mistywing » Tue May 21, 2019 3:22 pm

I don't think so, since they are part of multiple TV shows and not defined as a series of their own. I'd think that perhaps making a local playlist of the concerned episodes would be a very simple solution.
There may be ways to suggest a feature implementation to create a link between the existing series though it would take some dev time both here and on the application side of things afterwards.

szsori
Site Admin

Re: Crossover Episodes

Postby szsori » Wed May 22, 2019 11:52 am

This has been in my backlog for a while, but it's a reasonably complicated problem to solve. The basic idea is that any episode can be set as a link to another episode or movie. That allows it to exist within the season orders, but clicking on it will take you to the movie or core episode record for management. It becomes a little trickier on the API side, where we'd need to either leave it up to the API user to figure out based on the link id (bad idea) or automatically provide the linked data (technically complicated). So yeah, in my plan, but not likely to come until at least late this year.