Superstore Season 2

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
THRobinson

Superstore Season 2

Postby THRobinson » Mon May 06, 2019 10:06 pm

Season 2 seems to show 21 episodes, episode 21 being "Tornado"

I have 22 so looked at NBC's site and it shows 22 and the 2nd being "Tornado" so looks like there should be 1 more added and one or more are out of sequence.

https://www.nbc.com/superstore/episodes/season-2
Zurich, ON (Canada)
System - Core2Quad 2.66Ghz Q9450, 4GB Ram, 2GB GTX650Ti Boost OC video card
Software - Win7x64, with XBMC 13.0 Media Server, and scraping with FileBot

THRobinson

Re: Superstore Season 2

Postby THRobinson » Mon May 06, 2019 10:08 pm

Oh figured it our... S02E01 is Olympics, which TVDB has listed as S00E01 under Specials. Everything else needs moved up one spot.
Zurich, ON (Canada)

eherberg

Postby eherberg » Tue May 07, 2019 8:24 am

This was discussed previously. (Always a good idea to search for previous discussions on locked series).

THRobinson

Postby THRobinson » Tue May 07, 2019 8:50 am

Hmmm... I guess it was discussed (very briefly) though it looks like it was 2 to 1 for listing it as S02E01, but it was listed as a special anyways.

I thought TVDB always went by the official page as the final word, and regardless if NBC has a way to list specials or not, they list it as S02E01. Plus, looking now, the description in the link I included in the OP, doesn't mention the word special at all. The link from the previous discussion doesn't seem to go back far enough anymore.

"Olympic fever strikes Cloud 9 as Amy meets her childhood hero, gold-medal-winning gymnast Missy Jones, and Dina plans a closing ceremony for the store."
Zurich, ON (Canada)

eherberg

Postby eherberg » Tue May 07, 2019 9:00 am

At the time, it aired prior to the season premier and was marketed in nearly all press as a 'special'.

Ex: The network informed creator and executive producer Justin Spitzer of plans to give them an Olympic-sized platform with a new episode airing on Friday, Aug. 19 (10:30 p.m. ET/PT) — ahead of the season premiere.

THRobinson

Postby THRobinson » Tue May 07, 2019 10:03 am

I dunno... all I know is if I go to NBC right now it says S02E01.

"...the official listing will be considered gospel. No matter what the scene thinks. "

So Sayeth the NBC! So Sayeth the Flock! :D
Zurich, ON (Canada)

eherberg

Postby eherberg » Wed May 15, 2019 8:51 pm

We also don't allow site retro-active numbering. Scripps/Discovery are legendary for this -- but other networks do it too. A network numbers it one way ... and then down the road a'ways the episode gets renumbered for some reason (perhaps for streaming or for some other reason). The fact that a site re-numbered it later on doesn't change what it was originally. For anything outside of a current airing season, care must be taken to do extra research (looking for official press releases, using internet archive, etc) to guard against renumbering. Even then - some cases exist where the network's site must be looked at further. At the moment - Netflix is the prime offender with their splitting of season orders into 'parts' (like a traditional network would do with a mid-season break).