Game of Thrones Season 8 Poster

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
hairball

Game of Thrones Season 8 Poster

Postby hairball » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:11 pm

I'd really like to add a new poster to this season but it seems now that moderators upload their own and then lock the series. This is becoming a trend.

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/game-of- ... /seasons/8

It's really be nice if others were allowed to share their artwork without having to beg.

Mistywing

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 Poster

Postby Mistywing » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:20 pm

Instead of being like this, why not post a link to your image so it can be uploaded?
Or if you really want credit to your account, a situation where a temporary unlock is done can be arranged.

PS: It's not locked because mods want exclusive access, but to prevent placeholder "information".

hairball

Postby hairball » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:49 am

I'm not really sure what "being like this" is supposed to mean. I'm tired of moderators locking down things but having the freedom to upload whatever they want leaving the rest of us to come here and beg for either access or for them to upload our artwork for us. I don't get anything from any of the covers I've done outside of the satisfaction of sharing with others who might enjoy it. I shouldn't have to spend this much extra time in order to contribute. Just maybe, they should consider having a *specific* place and set of guidelines on how to get your image up instead of expecting people to figure it out. And no, I have NOT found any *specific* information about adding artwork when a series is locked - just how to ask to have "information" added. If I'm wrong, please point me in the right direction.

And as for your "P.S.": I recognize the reasons for locking a series but there should probably be a way to lock the episode information and still allow for an image upload. Also, that doesn't really explain why an entire series like American Gods is locked down with NO covers even though we are less than two weeks away from the final episode and ALL information is already in place. making it harder to contribute is only going to make it so less people contribute.

You and I have had this discussion previously (viewtopic.php?f=41&t=53094) and it gets us no where. I've had covers that were perfectly acceptable completely removed for no reason that I can discern and then had the series locked down again afterwards. Go look at my example from the previous thread. I had covers for both seasons that have been removed (https://imgur.com/a/O40mnTA). I followed all the rules and guidelines but for whatever reason the mod didn't like them and removed all of them. It's getting stupid. I suspect this will be my last post to this forum and most likely to TVDB in general.

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:34 am

You didn't post the posters you had removed in the other discussion. I said I'd check it out if you did. It's a bit impossible for me to satisfy your request if in the end it lacks the information needed. "Being like this" means coming back afterwards unhappy that it turned out to be the case, as if it somehow was our or my fault...

There is currently no way other than to make a request due to the way the locking works. However, is it really asking for users to figure it out if every change needs to go through the same process? There is currently only one procedure for locked series. If you want anything added to a locked series, it needs to go through these forums. There's no other way.

I'm hoping a site update will remediate this situation eventually, as the moderation team has mentioned to the administration that the current state of things was poor. We have specifically mentioned that locking image uploads as a consequence of wanting to lock episode information was a bad result.

For the first Punisher season 2 poster, it might have been an issue of being a near duplicate of the other one already uploaded. If the timeline was that you uploaded first, again I'd ask that you PM the moderator responsible for the reason.
For the second, I believe it can be uploaded. What do you want to do for that one and the Game of Thrones one?