Change request denied, primary source ignored

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
Moxie

Change request denied, primary source ignored

Postby Moxie » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Series: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
TVDB: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/chilling ... /seasons/1
Request Thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=55034

The rules state the primary source/site for show info "will be considered gospel," but it is not being applied in this case. The new episodes continue the same story line, but are listed as Season 2 and should not be shown as Season 1 on TVDB.

Netflix (show creator, primary source) calls it "2 Seasons": https://www.netflix.com/title/80223989
IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7569592/ep ... =tt_ov_epl

Apologies to everyone for having to do this. I hope I've followed correct procedure. Please don't ban me; I have 3 kids to feed. :)

Mistywing

Re: Change request denied, primary source ignored

Postby Mistywing » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:30 pm

We have a policy of grouping together as a single season episodes that have been ordered or announced to be produced at the same time but aired separately or with a mid-season break in between, though I speak mainly from the perspective and experience of anime series that frequently employ this airing format. In fact this decision for anime sparked from the existence of such mid-season breaks in other series, as you can read here (with examples.)

Perhaps this is a similar case at play here.

Netflix in this case certainly isn't calling it explicitly Season 2, but Part 2.
You can tell the difference with a show where it is actually called Seasons instead of Parts.

Maybe it is a case of zeal, but I am just trying to offer a different perspective.

In any case policy discussions shouldn't be viewed as dangerous by users in general, as long as they remain respectful. Please don't be worried.

passingxtime

Postby passingxtime » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:21 am

In this case, shouldn't shows as The OA or Dear White People also be grouped as one? TVDB lists them both as two separate seasons, yet on Netflix they are called Parts/Volumes. Is it some kind of difference then between these two shows and Sabrina?

(And please don't get me wrong - I'm just asking out of curiosity ;))

polargeek
The Cat's Ass

Postby polargeek » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:14 am

Neither of those series were announced as the parts being a single season. With Sabrina or The Ranch they were. In this instance they are treated no differently than the way AMC splits there seasons in half for say The Walking Dead.
All PM's asking for exceptions, rule changes, series unlocks et al will be ignored.

passingxtime

Postby passingxtime » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:50 pm

Okay, thank you for the response!

srosner

Postby srosner » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:57 am

IMDB lists it as 2 seasons - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7569592/ (they actually show 4 seasons upcoming)
Can you please revisit this decision? It is making indexing a pain. ex. "The.Chilling.Adventures.of.Sabrina.S02E07.xxxxxxxx"

dbareis

Postby dbareis » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:02 am

Everyone is talking about season 2 and the upcoming season 3, this is confusing as is, also Season 1 had 10 episodes and season 2 had 9 that makes 19 in the season and not the 20 listed, S01E11 seems to be a special and shouldn't be there at all.