THIS DATABASE/WEBSITE/FORUM IS DEAD PEOPLE......

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
loyis7

Re: THIS DATABASE/WEBSITE/FORUM IS DEAD PEOPLE......

Postby loyis7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 am

Imzadi wrote:So, it's dead. Why are you still here?

Nice answer Imzadi. It must took you along time to think about that kind of answer...!

Just to see if anything has, -at the very last second- changed..., but unfortunatelly it has not!
Top Contributor to Blu-Ray.com
Major Contributor to TheMovieDB
My Movie Trailers channel in YouTube
My Movie Trailers group in Facebook

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:11 am

Yes, thank you. It took me really long time. And you are still here. I don't know about you, but if I don't like a place I don't stop by every few days to complain and whine about it. Especially if I already found a better place. Because that's what you are doing and I am tired of it.

loyis7

Postby loyis7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:21 am

bluesquirrel wrote:Looking at the achievements by @ loyis7 in his signature, why wouldn't you want someone like that on the admin team???? If he has the time and motivation, stop knocking and mocking him and just promote him.

Someone who noticed the FACT, that i am an expert...^^^^^^

rev.pragon wrote:Contributing Data since Years to the Database but have an Forumaccount for a couple of Weeks and a few Posts doesn´t qualify someone automatically as a Mod.

and someone who obviously doesn't see it, and needs more proof about anything.^^^^^^
I will use a metaphor from the "Gospel of John" for this.

Doubting Thomas about Jesus Christ: "Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe".

Remind you of someone maybe...?
(not to insult you. it's just a metaphor way of pointing out, that you (admins/mods/etc, don't see the obvious and all the users do see it instead).

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:28 am

"Any man who must say 'I am the King' is no true King."

Just a metaphor.

loyis7

Postby loyis7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:30 am

Imzadi wrote:Yes, thank you. It took me really long time. And you are still here. I don't know about you, but if I don't like a place I don't stop by every few days to complain and whine about it. Especially if I already found a better place. Because that's what you are doing and I am tired of it.

I got send e-mails telling me, that someone has answered a post to my thread. That's why wiz-kid...
It's not like i am hanging here 24/7...

I didn't found a better place. I used to update both site's databases you know, for a looooooong time...! Up until your database got locked ALL of their titles. And thus, that's where i had to create a forum account for the first time and started by sending a full title update for starters. Up until i waited FOR LIKE 3 MONTHS with no change at all, and that's the point where i started asking about mod status change (given MY EXPERTISE on the field). But with no answer at all on the matter...! And then, YES i stayed updating only on the "other guys" database.

BUT IT WAS NOT MY FAULT YOU KNOW... YOU PEOPLE LET THAT HAPPEN, AS YOU ALONE ARE DRIVING ALL OF THE USERS AWAY OF YOUR WEBSITE, WITH THE COMPLETE LACK OF ANYTHING AT ALL......

loyis7

Postby loyis7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:35 am

Imzadi wrote:"Any man who must say 'I am the King' is no true King."

Just a metaphor.

OK, agree on that.
But i didn't need to say anything. The user previously stated first, what was obvious on the first place.
Not me...

rev.pragon

Postby rev.pragon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:32 am

Maybe during your Metaphor writing you´ve read this.

We can´t/won´t give you more. Do what you want. Leave, stay, whatever.

Mod, you? Surely not in foreseeable Future.

Oh, and 3 Months? Really? Wow. I´ve waited 2 Years for some of my Requests.

But i didn't need to say anything.

Of course you didn´t.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.

We DON´T delete Pictures on Episodes on the current Site. Provide Images and a Mod/Admin will replace it.

loyis7

Postby loyis7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:07 am

rev.pragon wrote:We can´t/won´t give you more. Do what you want. Leave, stay, whatever.

There is no won't. You CAN'T! It is obvious...

rev.pragon wrote:Mod, you? Surely not in foreseeable Future.

Did you seriously expect me to think that you would make me a mod now ??? I knew that already. Not need of pointing out the obvious...! I am not the Doubting Thomas kind of type...

rev.pragon wrote:Oh, and 3 Months? Really? Wow. I´ve waited 2 Years for some of my Requests.

And just because you waited for 2 years for your requests, that makes you special or something? Are you for real man...???
I don't want to tell you how that is called...truly! Because, i like you that you at least answer to some things...

And secondly, That's obvious the problem around here. That NOTHING EVER IS DONE AROUND HERE, by the mods/admins/etc, and that IS the problem we are all shouting about...! You have to wait for 2 years for a request to be fulfilled...????????????????????????????????????? ARE YOU FOR REAL ?????????

Since this way is DEFINITELY THE PROBLEM then it surely is NOT the correct way. Turn back the database to unlocked titles, and we will see who is right and who is wrong in the end......

P.S: You waited 2 years for your requests to be made....! That surely made me laugh...
You said it, and you feel right about that ??? I mean doesn't THAT shows exactly what the problem is with everything around here...???

hahahaha... i can't stop laughing man..., seriously with you saying to me that you waited for 2 years for something like that, and you said it with a straight face...! I don't know what else to say about this situation anymore......

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:16 pm

loyis7 wrote:Turn back the database to unlocked titles, and we will see who is right and who is wrong in the end......

Definitely won't happen.
We already know that locking entries and records is the right thing to do. It's already been explained to you why it happens. Take this explanation or leave it.
What will hopefully change soon is the reach of the current locks, but to be perfectly clear: absolutely nothing functionality wise will change between now and whenever the site is updated. Something which will happen.

loyis7

Postby loyis7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Mistywing wrote:
loyis7 wrote:Turn back the database to unlocked titles, and we will see who is right and who is wrong in the end......

Definitely won't happen.
We already know that locking entries and records is the right thing to do. It's already been explained to you why it happens. Take this explanation or leave it.
What will hopefully change soon is the reach of the current locks, but to be perfectly clear: absolutely nothing functionality wise will change between now and whenever the site is updated. Something which will happen.

I didn't expect you to do it. I was absolutely sure you wouldn't...
But, allow me to disagree with it, and with the way things are done around here. Or i should better and more correctly say, not done...!