THIS DATABASE/WEBSITE/FORUM IS DEAD PEOPLE......

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
loyis7

THIS DATABASE/WEBSITE/FORUM IS DEAD PEOPLE......

Postby loyis7 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:27 pm

For all of you users, like me, that are asking if this site/database/forum is dead or not, then i am telling you...YES...it is dead for sure...!!!
For a long time now......
They just don't know it yet, or they don't want to admit it (that is, the staff-mods-admins-etc).

The users (ALL OF US) ask-demand-contribute and NOTHING HAPPENS (clearly ZEROOOOO changes anywhere over a year now in ALL of the MAJOR SERIES).
We (ALL OF THE USERS) asked OVER, and OVER, and OVER, for things to change around here, and all we hear are USELESS EXCUSES...!!!!!!
We (ALL OF US) asked OVER, and OVER, and OVER that we' re given access to help in the place of those USELESS that should do that in the first place (that is, the staff-mods-admins-etc) and all we hear AGAIN, and AGAIN, and AGAIN, are the same USELESS EXCUSES...!!!!!!

So, the answer to you my dear friend-user is YESSSS......THIS SITE/DATABASE/FORUM is DEAD......AND THE PEOPLE THAT RUNS IT ARE USELESS AND THEY DO NOTHING TO CHANGE THAT FOR A VERY LOOOOOOONG TIME NOW, AND THEY WILL NEVER DO APPARENTLY......!!!!!!

If you want a database about movies or series, then use THE MOVIE DB
At least in that database/forum/website they let users help, they treat their users with respect, and they hear their problems and concerns.
Thus it has become the Number 1 database in the internet for the past 3 years now in a row and the Number 1 contributing database also for the past 3 years in a row: (their 2017 statistics here 2017), (their 2018 statistics here 2018).

And for those smart-asses (of course i am referring to the staff-mods-admins-etc) that will hurry up and say that i am an "employee", a "fanboy", or someone that just came here to dis on thetvdb because i have a benefit from themoviedb, then hold your horses and read the following that proves the opposite:

1) I have posted in this forum this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52545
which is a FULL AND DETAILED as you can see informational admissions for a TV SERIES that i love, and i got ZEROOOOOOOO response.

2) I have also posted in this forum this thread: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=52146
asking to get access from the USELESS people i am referring to (that is, the staff-mods-admins-etc), in order to contribute in MANY SERIES in my native country ONLY..., and again as you will have guessed already......i got ZEROOOOOOOO response.

3) I have also posted in this forum and in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=52416&p=141513#p141513
again for a grand of mod status or something similar, in order to be able to do changes in THE SERIES I MENTIONED in No2 above, in my native country ONLY, and once again......i got ZEROOOOOOOO response.

4) In this thread, i posted this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=52490&p=141514#p141514
discussing again the same thing, and i got......ZEROOOOOOOO response.

5) Also in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51659&p=141511#p141511
once again asking the same thing......, YOU GUESSED IT RIGHT! ZEROOOOOOOO response.

6) I have contributed in the databases of MANY series, MANY TIMES in the past. That is BEFORE YOU CLOSED DOWN ALL OF THE SERIES !!!

So don't come bashing out on me that i am someone that didn't want to help in the first place the database OF THIS forum/website and i am just here to dis on you. On the contrary...! As you can see from those 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 i just posted for you, I asked MANY TIMES in order to help, but ALL OF YOU (the staff-mods-admins-etc) don't give a flying [email protected] about US (ALL OF THE USERS), our opinions, and the time that we have spent in the past days, weeks, months, years on this database/forum/website contributing with no avail......

I don't give a [email protected] if you block me, ban me, delete my account or anything like that. I am freaking tired of all this waiting/asking in no avail...!
On the other hand...if you choose to block me, ban me, delete my account or anything like that, then it will be just a sign that my TRUTH HURTS !!!!!!
Top Contributor to Blu-Ray.com
Major Contributor to TheMovieDB
My Movie Trailers channel in YouTube
My Movie Trailers group in Facebook

loyis7

Re: THIS DATABASE/WEBSITE/FORUM IS DEAD PEOPLE......

Postby loyis7 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:41 pm

I forgot to mention that i have also sended private messages, to ALL OF THE STAFF-ADMINS-MODS explaining to them that i want to help contributing in MANY series, for my native country ONLY, and NOT EVEN 1 OF THOSE 20 PRIVATE MESSAGES TO 16 DIFFERENT PEOPLE GOT ANSWERED !!!!!!!!!
Not even a plain "Sorry, but NO" at least!

For the truth of it and that you don't call me a liar, here are the names i have sended private messages to and i can also screen shot it if you like:

To szsori - Sent: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:58 pm
To Coco - Sent: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:58 pm
To crzykidd - Sent: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:59 pm
To hikaricore - Sent: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:00 pm
To dd314159 - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:41 am
To generica - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:45 am
To pete_the_lion - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:48 am
To Knightmare - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:49 am
To ManiacB - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:50 am
To Maretoh - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:50 am
To Maria180493 - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:51 am
To Mistywing - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:52 am
To mwkurt - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:52 am
To hikaricore - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:53 am (HIS 2nd MESSAGE TO HIM)
To Imzadi - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:53 am
To danyboy666 - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:54 am
To AlexRNL - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:56 am
To Coco - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:57 am (HIS 2nd MESSAGE TO HIM)
To crzykidd - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:58 am (HIS 2nd MESSAGE TO HIM)
To szsori - Sent: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:02 pm (HIS 2nd MESSAGE TO HIM)

voldy10

Postby voldy10 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:09 pm

I totally agree with do. There is no activity and our contributions seem useless if nobody is taking care of the requests made.
It's such a shame since this site as tv exclusive was excellent. In TheMovieDB there are a lot of tv shows missing and it would be very time consuming to add them now.
I just hope that mods will reconsider accepting our help so their work don't go to waste. There is much that can be done.
What really bugs me is that I really like TVTime app and it takes the information from here since it's very complete. I guess sooner or later everyone will start noticing that series are locked and no one updates.

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:27 pm

Those of us that are here take care of requests every day when we have the spare time to do so. Your request wasn't which is unfortunate, but there are also a ton of other unfortunate ones in that same group.

None of us with the green names have permission or even ability to make you a moderator immediately, which is what you PM'd us for.
We can at best make suggestions based on a user's history, but you literally had none with us when you asked. You had five posts when you PM'd me for example. I can't make a suggestion in good conscience based on that, especially when I'm the most recent addition to the team.
Your contributions to other sites are great for understanding how much you like to do this kind of thing, but as we have specific rules here they don't really serve as a basis for judging if you understand them or not.

Please understand that we also dislike this situation we're in. It's a lot of work piled up for us too.

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Series locks or other types of locks generally don't get undone as they were put in place for a reason which generally involves a near constant controversy between edits or vandalism.
The way it currently works however in my opinion is not ideal as things that could still be allowed to change get locked up with them, such as the still empty translation fields and image additions for example.
I made a suggestion to change this behavior but I don't know if it's feasible.

eherberg

Postby eherberg » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:30 pm

You're already on thin ice with moderators for multiple past transgressions ...

loyis7

Postby loyis7 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:43 am

Mistywing wrote:Those of us that are here take care of requests every day when we have the spare time to do so. Your request wasn't which is unfortunate, but there are also a ton of other unfortunate ones in that same group.

None of us with the green names have permission or even ability to make you a moderator immediately, which is what you PM'd us for.
We can at best make suggestions based on a user's history, but you literally had none with us when you asked. You had five posts when you PM'd me for example. I can't make a suggestion in good conscience based on that, especially when I'm the most recent addition to the team.
Your contributions to other sites are great for understanding how much you like to do this kind of thing, but as we have specific rules here they don't really serve as a basis for judging if you understand them or not.

Please understand that we also dislike this situation we're in. It's a lot of work piled up for us too.

You are undoubtedly the first person from the staff-mods-admins-etc, that has "AT LEAST" something to say on the situation,
other than "NOTHING AT ALL". So i give you a +1 for that.

On the other hand, as you probably (based on what you wrote) saw for yourself, I am UNDOUBTEDLY a perfect candidate, for a database like this...!
So how does, how many posts i have made in this forum, has anything to do with what is CLEARLY and UNDOUBTEDLY what i am CAPABLE to do...???

I clearly stated in my threads/posts/PM's what i did (and still do) on other sites with similar or same databases as this one.
I also stated, that this thing makes me someone with HUGE EXPERIENCE on databases in general...!
Much more experience that most of staff-mods-admins-etc in this site, for certain...!

So, since YOU and EVERYONE ELSE on the list i posted (staff-mods-admins-etc), saw when i clearly pointed it out to you, what contributions i have made on other sites, and when i am asking YOU and EVERYONE ELSE, OVER, AND OVER, AND OVER, to LET ME do the same in this one, then you don't need ANY FREAKING POSTS in this forum, to grand me such a request...!!!!!!

I am clearly NOT LYING when i say, who i am and what i CAN and WANT to do...! That is to help the database grow correctly, faster, etc.

So all of the EXCUSES (because this is what they really are), about my 5 posts i had made, during the period i asked to ALL OF THE PEOPLE on that PM's list, to make me "something" -eg.staff-mods-admins-etc-, with unlocking, editing, and locking back again privileges, in order to be able to contribute, is simply irrelevant, CLEARLY WHEN BY THE FACTS YOU JUST WITNESSED, I HAVE ALL THE EXACTLY WHAT NEEDED EXPERIENCE to do that just fine...!!!!!!

francesco95

Postby francesco95 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:49 pm

Unfortunately I think you're right! This problem should be solved by the root. Admins should revolutionize this forum and make it go properly.

Many Moderators are absent because they do not have free time and many users who would like to become moderator by giving 100 % and that they are not taken into
I have applied to be moderator (although i am new and I hardly write ever) because there are problems with episodes in my country. (for example in the series Chilling Adventures of Sabrina missing episode 1 x11 in Italian language and many users wonder how never after 2 months has not yet been entered)
I'd like to solve the problem immediately by adding the translation but it's stuck and that stops my passion

bluesquirrel

Postby bluesquirrel » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:05 am

for example in the series Chilling Adventures of Sabrina missing episode 1 x11 in Italian language

The Italian entry at TMDB looks complete...
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/79242-the ... uage=it-IT

trillian59

Postby trillian59 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:50 am

yeah, things have become very frustrating since last fall. I dunno what happened, but obviously requests are not honored anymore, good series are locked until the cows come home (no way to add new translations) and the response rate of admins is very low (to say it the positive way).

At least SOMEBODY seems to be still alive and since this week the site has changed too a bit (not that something useful was added, it just now shows some evil and stupid ads and nags my privacy settings).
This is surely a good way too to get rid of contributors very fast...