Gold Rush Special

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
useless2764

Gold Rush Special

Postby useless2764 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Whats currently listed as episode 17 at https://www.thetvdb.com/series/gold-rus ... es/7019139 is should actually be listed as a special

Aaron

Re: Gold Rush Special

Postby Aaron » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:43 am

Discovery has “Gold Gurus” listed as episode 104 so i believe it is a special, but what episode number should it have as the specials are only up to the 50’s...

Also, the episode from last week (Gold Guru’s) is all over the the net as s09e17 and this week’s episode (Make it rain) is all over the net as s09e18...

This is going to be a massive issue for tracking and maintaining the season...

I understand the rules state the numbering requirement is to reflect the original aired dates and episode numbers of the original network, but it is completely different to what the internet has adopted and has broken automation...

The correct outcome by the rules would be to move s09e00 to s00e58, but that still isn’t correct according to Discovery channel as it is episode 104 on their website...

I guess the moderators will have to make a call and we will have to find ways to make the automation work again...

Speednet

Postby Speednet » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:57 am

I was just going to start a thread about this.

The episode "Gold Gurus" is a SPECIAL, and should not be included in season 9. It has been shuffled around to a bunch of different episode numbers, and now is listed as episode zero (0), which is obviously wrong.

Here is the episode: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/gold-rus ... es/7019139

Can a mod please move this to Season 0, Episode 58?

The episode that aired last night was Episode 17, so anyone on the Internet saying that Gold Gurus was Episode 17 is just wrong. Discovery has it on their website that Make It Rain is Episode 17: https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/gold-rush/

(You can see on that same page that Gold Gurus is listed by Discovery as Episode 104, which means it is a SPECIAL.)

Thank you!

Speednet

Postby Speednet » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:51 pm

I'm am posting again in the hope that a mod will make this change.

I would do it myself, but the Specials season is locked, so only a mod can make the change.

Again, Gold Rush S09E99 (what it is currently identified as) needs to be changed to S00E58.

Thank you!

Aaron

Postby Aaron » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:04 am

I'm of the impression that it is best practice to name erroneous specials as the season followed by 00, so S09E00 which is what I initially did, and then re-did, but you keep naming it S09E99 which is something I have never come across before?

Also, to "get around" the need for the mods to move it, i renamed it to S09E20 so it could be legitimately used for that episode when it airs (as there are usually 20 or 21 episodes per season) instead of a new episode being created and being left with the issue and mods having to be involved.

There was logic behind the process I had been following...

The options were:

1) Rename the entry to something useful where no mods need to be involved, or

2) Keep renaming the entry to something that is incorrect and requires moderator intervention...

Which do you think is the better option? Especially seeing as moderators are clearly busy and have enough to do already...

Speednet

Postby Speednet » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:42 am

I would say just leave it as episode 99 until a mod can move it. My opinion is that the episode number has changed enough times at this point, and it just needs to be fixed now.

Speednet

Postby Speednet » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:44 am

TO THE MODS: While you are fixing this episode and moving it into the Specials season, can you also fix the capitalization for the title of episode 57 in the Specials? I can't do it because the Specials season is locked.

Speednet

Postby Speednet » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Checking in on this again, the episode has not been moved yet. Can you please move this as we can't do it due to the locked Specials season of Gold Rush. Thank you.

travisc555

Postby travisc555 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:05 am

Can this episode "Gold Gurus" (currently episode 58 in Season 9) get moved to the Specials season and be deleted from Season 9? People are still messing with the episode data and it needs to be in the specials season. Also can "rise" be capitalized in the title of episode 57 of the Specials season? Thanks.

mwkurt
Site Moderator

Postby mwkurt » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:50 pm

Hello,

So I have taken a look at this issue of episode 104, "Gold Gurus". I could not find anything that said the episodes in the hundred's are specials. So I looked at the specials in our db, specifically episode 57, "The Rise of Rick Ness". On the Discovery "Gold Rush" Website, this episode is listed as episode 103, pretty much telling me that if episode 103 is in our Specials then episode 104 should be there as well. Thus, I have moved this episode to the Specials.

Mark