Comedians of the World (Netflix) #356931 : How to enter the 13 countries "seasons/parts/chapters"

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
Cafeine

Comedians of the World (Netflix) #356931 : How to enter the 13 countries "seasons/parts/chapters"

Postby Cafeine » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:48 am

Comedians of the World comprises 47 episodes divided into 13 'collections' - designated by countries/regions names, not by numbers:

See: https://www.netflix.com/title/81008236

Exemples:

etc.

• Unfortunately, a season designation on TVDB must be a number; names and letters are not allowed… :mrgreen:
However, we could add the name of each country (or region) before or after the name for each episode.

• But, even if we use season 1, 2 etc., there is another issue : the order of the countries chapters in the "season/collection' menu on Netflix varies, depending on the country in which you access Netflix… :mrgreen:

In France, for instance, the roster looks like this:

In UK:

In USA:

Netherlands:

Singapore:
etc.

To keep it simple, I propose to number the chapters/seasons/collections following the alphabetical order:

Season 1 - Australia & New Zealand
Joel Creasey
Urzila Carlson
Nazeem Hussain
Cal Wilson

Season 2 - Brazil
Afonso Padilha
Thiago Ventura
Mhel Marrer

Season 3 - Canada (EN)
Ivan Decker
DeAnne Smith
K. Trevor Wilson
Dave Merheje

Season 4 - Canada (FR)
Louis-José Houde
François Bellefeuille
Katherine Levac
Adib Alkhalidey

Season 5 - France
Shirley Souagnon
Jason Brokerss
Tania Dutel
Donel Jack’sman

Season 6 - Germany
Enissa Amani
Ilka Bessin
Kaya Yanar

Season 7 - India
Aditi Mittal
Atul Khatri
Amit Tandon

Season 8 - Mexico
Franco Escamilla
Hugo El Cojo Feliz
Gaby Llanas

Season 9 - Middle East
Moayad Alnefaie
Adi Khalefa
Rawsan Hallak
Ibraheem Alkhairallah

Season 10 - Netherlands
Soundos El Ahmadi
Martijn Koning
Rayen Panday

Season 11 - South Africa
Loyiso Gola
Loyiso Madinga
Tumi Morake
Riaad Moosa

Season 12 - United Kingdom
Nish Kumar
Joel Dommett
Mae Martin
Ellie Taylor

Season 13 - United States
Neal Brennan
Chris D’Elia
Nicole Byer
Nick Swardson

Would that be OK?

olliebean

Re: Comedians of the World (Netflix) #356931 : How to enter the 13 countries "seasons/parts/chapters"

Postby olliebean » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:42 am

Of course the issue here would be that the alphabetical order also varies from country to country, as some of the countries have different names in different languages - but I suppose at some point one just has to throw up one's hands and make a decision.

For what it's worth, my suggestion would be to use the US ordering, as that's where the largest Netflix audience is, so would be the "correct" season order for the greatest number of people (albeit not including myself, in the UK). Alphabetical order will presumably be wrong for everyone.

Cafeine

Re: Comedians of the World (Netflix) #356931 : How to enter the 13 countries "seasons/parts/chapters"

Postby Cafeine » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:12 pm

my suggestion would be to use the US ordering, as that's where the largest Netflix audience is

The larger audience isn't anymore in the USA… ;)

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/capitalone ... 4d72172373

66 Millions for North America = 59 Millions/USA + 7 Millions/Canada
=> 59 Millions in the USA < 79 Millions in the rest of the world

But that's just for the record ; I don't really care about which order to use, as long as a decision is made. :D

olliebean

Postby olliebean » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:24 pm

It's still larger than any other country, if not than all other countries added together. So my point stands that there is no other possible season ordering that will be "correct" for a greater number of people than the US ordering.

Cafeine

Postby Cafeine » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:34 pm

You make a point.

mikeru99

Postby mikeru99 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:57 pm

Could there be some merit in following the order from IMDB?...not perfect I know but at least there would be some consistency across platforms.

Cafeine

Postby Cafeine » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:58 pm

IMDb shows all episodes in one season, which doesn't reflect the chapters/collections/seasons wanted and used by Netflix.

mikeru99

Postby mikeru99 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:28 pm

Agreed, sorry about that!

Cafeine

Postby Cafeine » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:58 pm

The 47 episodes had been entered as one season on TVDB.
I didn't change the order of the episodes - even though it's none of those used by Netflix^^ - but I did add the country/region before each comedian name.
Subject closed, I guess.

jaybeans

Postby jaybeans » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Lumping all the shows into one season doesn't hold up to the experience of watching the show on Netflix. Each season has its own different, unique title sequence and Netflix displays each season differently, both in the drop down from the main menu and displayed when the new episode starts. Attached is a screenshot of the fifth episode that we watched, restarting as the first episode of a new season.