Does Artwork need an activation ...

Request series, season banners, episode images or Fan Art, display banners you've created, and discuss related topics.
BonJoviFan

Does Artwork need an activation ...

Postby BonJoviFan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:20 pm

... or when can I use it in Plex?

I just uploaded a Background at Nord Nord Mord and a Poster at Wilsberg,

both are german TV Shows. When I tried to change it in plex, there are only the old backgrounds and poster, not the just uploaded.

Mistywing

Re: Does Artwork need an activation ...

Postby Mistywing » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:22 pm

Plex has a delayed cache on TVDB content and metadata.
You can add the poster immediately by using the upload feature using a local picture or URL.
Otherwise you will have to wait for some time for Plex to update their cache server.

BonJoviFan

Postby BonJoviFan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:48 am

Thanks,

I know that feature for my database. But I want to help other to change it, too. If the main actor changes or if there is another new main actor, can I change this in my plex, too or only in the TVDB?

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:59 pm

I believe any changes made here will eventually propagate to users installations of Plex.
This includes actors and posters.
However posters and other art may not be automatically updated if manually set by the user in the Plex application. Instead the new art becomes a possible choice in that options menu.

BonJoviFan

Postby BonJoviFan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:27 pm

I thougt, every Poster I uploaded here, you can find later in Plex. Right now there are exactly the same poster in my plex like here in the database, so in my opinion, if I uploaded one here it must be in Plex, too