Changes requested for Traffic Cops (again)

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
ashp

Re: Changes requested for Traffic Cops (again)

Postby ashp » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:41 pm

brossow wrote:
ashp wrote:What is suggested for series 2 of "All NewTraffic Cops" as that is shown as series 2 of "traffic cops" on channel 5 website
http://www.channel5.com/show/traffic-cops/

Nope. Still All New Traffic Cops. Check any random episode on My5.tv (Channel 5's streaming website, again the source of truth), e.g. S02E18 (screenshot below for your convenience).

I know what the series heading currently says on the Channel 5 website, but if you follow the link to any episode (like the one above) you'll see how it was originally -- and continues to be -- listed on My5. Further, if you do a search for "traffic cops" on My5, you'll see three different results: the current series they've numbered 6 under the Traffic Cops name, plus All New Traffic Cops and Traffic Cops: On the Edge, each treated as a distinct series with distinct season/episode numbering. Yes, it's really dumb, and I have no idea why they've done this -- nor do I need to know. That they've done it is sufficient for this discussion.

Also to your point, TheTVDB goes by how the episodes originally aired, not how they may have been repackaged later on, even by the same network. You can reference (for example) this topic where other series have done screwy things, yet TheTVDB follows the original broadcast.

I want to be clear: I don't like how Channel 5 has screwed around with the series name, season numbering, etc. It's a real PITA. But that's inconsequential per TheTVDB rules as I understand them. Not sure what else I can say.

TL;DR = Channel 5 has changed the series name and season numbering again. As sucky as it may be, they decide series names and numbers, not us.

I was referring to channel 5 actual website http://www.channel5.com where there is no program called "All New Traffic Cops" just Traffic cops, traffic cops: on the edge & All New Traffic cops: under attack.

tventhusiast

Postby tventhusiast » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:36 am

"The easiest thing would be to go against all the rules and just merge everything into the original Traffic Cops series and use the scene numbering. As much as this would simplify things for me personally in organizing my shows, it goes completely against TheTVDB's rules about such things."

I'd support that. Although it clearly does not follow the general rules, it would be considerably better, imho, than what currently exists, which is confusing and illogical.

Eire

Postby Eire » Wed May 22, 2019 9:31 pm

Bump, can we get some final cleanup on this?

Fierce feckin messy.
Emergency Services nerd