Young Indiana Jones Documentaries

This section of the forum is for our users to share their custom NFO files for alternate show orderings and "series" which do not belong directly in our database.
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for our users to share their custom NFO files for alternate show orderings and "series" which do not belong directly in our database. It will not be moderated except to remove abuse and spam so do not expect admin/mod support here. NFO files should be stored offsite on either cloud storage or similar hosting sites. Have fun and don't make us regret this.
moviewatcher666

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:06 am

Greetings,

I have the 3 volume DVD sets of the Adventures of Young Indiana Jones. I will be ripping the DVDs to add to my media server.

I want to keep all the documentaries that are also on the DVDs. There are 94 documentaries altogether.

I was hoping that I could add them as specials under The Adventures Of Young Indiana Jones, but read on the forum that it will not be allowed.

So, my questions is....has anybody made the effort to make their own NFO files for these documentary episodes? If so, I would be eternally grateful if I could obtain them.

Failing this, I will have to make my own NFOs, which is not a big deal just very time consuming.

Anyway, I appreciate any response from any of the members here.

Thanks in advance.

Moviewatcher666
G3orgios

Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:53 am

List of the additional Documentaries can be found in Wikipedia and with the full details (NFO) at IndianJones.Fandom.com. I would be glad to add these Specials into the DB but the The Series is locked by the "Maretoh". He or another moderator may do so, or provide access to someone to add them. This would would really helpful for all the media owners!
slightly_drunk

Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:40 am

I'd also like to see these added. @Maretoh can you please unlock the series so we can add the specials?
eherberg

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:04 am

The issue is that they are DVD extras - which aren't allowed on V2 of the site. On V3, however, DVD ordering can be done as a flexible season - meaning that it can have it's own list of specials that are separate from the 'aired' or 'streamed' specials. The takeaway is: Wait for V3.
eherberg

Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:08 am

Side note: I know the nfo section here gets very little love (which I wish was different) - but for those people who have the set in their libraries, I'm sure it would be appreciated if the created nfo files were shared here.

Just because something isn't in the DB here - doesn't mean that you can't have it a certain way in your own library (or share that metadata with others). NFO's are very useful for those libraries where you need or want to organize it differently than here. Plus, it protects against somebody editing a series after-the-fact.

All this is true, of course, if your media center supports nfo files. Looking right at you, here, Plex …
moviewatcher666

Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:55 pm

Based on eherberg's side note, I have attached a Google Drive link to the NFO files I have created for the Young Indiana Jones Documentaries.

I have them listed as seasons but they follow the DVD volumes 1, 2 & 3.

These are compatible with Kodi as that is the program I expressly use for my media system.

Just name your video files the same as the NFO files and Kodi should populate properly. It has been working great for me.

Please feel free to submit feedback.

Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Cheers
slightly_drunk

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:13 pm

Thanks!!!
moviewatcher666

Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:34 pm

You're welcome.