George Clarke's Amazing Spaces

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
tventhusiast

George Clarke's Amazing Spaces

Postby tventhusiast » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:50 am

Channel 4 have Series 7 as having 15 episodes, including the Snow and Ice Special as episode 10.
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/geo ... e/series-7

TVDB has an eighth series,
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/george-c ... es/6719416

ep 1 is Channel 4's S07E11
"George looks back at several memorable off-grid projects, from a wooden yurt in a quarry to a medieval summerhouse, a Victorian shepherds hut, and a stunning VW campervan"

ep 2 is Channel 4's S07E12
"George revisits projects that celebrate Britain's rich history and traditions, including bunkers from the second world war, a doghouse in Devon, and a cream tea business in a camper van"

C4's S07E13 shown on 22nd June
"George looks back at several ingenious builds done on a shoestring. Big things can be achieved with small sums - from a Tardis shed to a house built with absolutely zero budget."

Not sure what to do!

surfury

Re: George Clarke's Amazing Spaces

Postby surfury » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:42 pm

I just updated Episode 3 and apologise if I've screwed it up. It seems that whilst Episodes 11 to 15 inclusive are sort of "Best of's", Episode has yet to be broadcast and doesn't have a broadcast date either (well not that I've found). Just a small correction to the OP's post is that Amazing Spaces Snow and Ice Special is Episode 9 and Episode 10 is Amazing Spaces Special: 24 Hour Build.

Other than that I concur with tventhusiast.

tventhusiast

Postby tventhusiast » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:29 am

TVMaze also has all the episodes under Series 7:
https://www.tvmaze.com/shows/873/george ... ing-spaces

SiM99

Postby SiM99 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:50 am

I've also just made some updates in effort to match the official listings...

Series 8 had "Episode 1" to "Episode 6" with information about some of the later special/look-back episodes from series 7, which I've replaced with the correct listings according to Channel 4.

I must apologise, as I only noticed the message saying "If you feel an episode information needs edited, post in the forums first" as I was editing episode 6, so thought I might as well finish the job. I had searched the forum to see what requests existed around the series, but didn't find any with people objecting to changes being made, otherwise I definitely would have posted here before making changes.

I realise that someone may want to refer to the details that were originally used in season 8 if they wish to add those episodes as part of season 7, so have managed to gather the data that was previously used in season 8 from tabs that I had left open and the channel 4 listings. This is included below:

Episode 1
06/08/2018
George looks back over some of the best off-grid projects from Amazing Spaces: from a wooden yurt in a Devonshire quarry, to a medieval summerhouse in a suburban Kent garden made out of cob. George also sees the stunning results of a VW campervan restoration in Shropshire and visits a Victorian shepherds hut in Worcester.

Episode 2
06/15/2018
George Clarke looks back over some of the best projects from Amazing Spaces. This time, he celebrates the Best of British and Britain's rich history and traditions, including a pair of bunkers from World War Two in a Surrey garden, and a Victorian railway carriage containing rare mahogany from the 1600s. There's a doghouse in Devon being converted into an extension. There's also the ex-cop launching a cream tea business in a camper van.

Episode 3
06/22/2018
This episode showcases the ingenious builds done on a shoestring; designs which demonstrate that big things can be achieved on small budgets – from a shed transformed into a Tardis to a home in Herefordshire built without any budget at all. In Texas, George visits a family home made out of ‘earth bags’ as well as one of the smallest homes ever seen on the show.

Episode 4
06/29/2018
This episode features some of the youngest small space designers around. In Somerset, 12-year-old Gwynnie wants her own luxury party shed. In south west London, Marcus attempts a boat restoration project with a young woman he's just met internet dating. In North Wales, George revisits a pair of newlyweds who converted an old army truck into a mobile campervan rather than go on honeymoon. And in New Zealand, George visits a sky sphere with a device that delivers chilled beer to your chair.

Episode 5
07/06/2018
In this special episode, George revisits some of the finest builds from across Europe. There’s an epic mountain-top retreat in the Italian Alps and a glass-walled lake house in Lugano. There is also an ingenious bed in Gelnhausen, Germany and a floating home in Denmark partly made out of recycled debris. And in Barcelona, George visits possibly the smallest city home he’s ever seen – a 24-square-metre roof top studio apartment where everything is hidden in the walls.

Episode 6
07/15/2018
In this tree house special, George rediscovers some of the best tiny builds to be found up in the treetops across the world. In Tuscany, George visits a romantic treehouse. There's a tree hotel in Sweden shaped like a UFO. The show also features a tree house designed like a mirrored cube. And there's a look back at the epic tree house George and master carpenter Will Hardie built together in Kielder Forest Park.

SiM99

Postby SiM99 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:57 am

If the changes made are acceptable, then the existing season 9 is redundant so could it please be deleted?

(I did try to add this reuuest to my previous post but was told I can no longer edit it)

tventhusiast

Postby tventhusiast » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:59 am

Hi, Yes, it's a mess. Maybe better to append the old Series 8, and the specials, to Series 7?

tventhusiast

Postby tventhusiast » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:32 pm

tventhusiast wrote:Hi, Yes, it's a mess. Maybe better to append the old Series 8, and the specials, to Series 7?

Which I have now done.

tventhusiast

Postby tventhusiast » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:43 pm

Is there a particular reason these requests are being ignored? It would be nice to know.