My 600lb Life needs cleanup

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
rstallman8

My 600lb Life needs cleanup

Postby rstallman8 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:03 pm

TLC has two similarly titled shows:
My 600-lb Life
My 600-lb Life: Where Are They Now?

The TVDB has an entry for both:
My 600-lb Life
My 600-lb Life: Where Are They Now?

There are multiple errors with these two series:
1) The "Where Are They Now?" series has no episode information
2) Some of the "Where Are They Now?" episodes are put in the main show as "Specials" or added to the beginning/end of the main series' episode lists
3) Season 6 is a bit messed up as a result
3a) "Bettie Jo & Susan" and "Melissa Morris" are episodes of the "Where Are They Now?" series
3b) "One Ton Family: Part 1" is episode 15, not episode 7 (I fixed this)
3c) "One Ton Family" should be named "One Ton Family: Part 1" (I fixed this)
4) Season 5's episodes 15-22 should be in "Where Are They Now?" season 3
5) Season 4's episodes 15-22 should be in "Where Are They Now?" season 2
5) Season 3's episodes 1-4 should be in "Where Are They Now?" season 1
5a) Season 3's episodes should be moved up, with "Amber's Story" beginning the season as episode #1

baskinred

Re: My 600lb Life needs cleanup

Postby baskinred » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Technically the series isn’t locked. Can we just fix it ourselves?

rstallman8

Postby rstallman8 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:37 pm

I was trying to avoid that per the rules, but looks like there are no admins to move episodes. If you have time, please feel free to do so. In the meantime, I just renamed episodes 15 and 16 of Season 6 to the correct titles. Episodes 17 and 18 will need to be deleted and episodes 19-25 moved to the "Where Are They Now?" series.

baskinred

Postby baskinred » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:52 pm

So in the rules, we can't blank out existing episodes so I guess we can't make edits and I dont know what the rules are for duplicate episodes.

f8andbethere

Postby f8andbethere » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:17 pm

I did a pretty big cleanup of Dateline NBC that involved heavy edits/renumbering/moving episodes to specials season, etc. My experience is to propose all of the changes, with citations to backup why you are requesting those changes. Wait a few days (perhaps a week) to see if anyone objects or if a mod chimes in. DarklightIndigo was willing to make changes for me when he was available. If no other user or moderator assists after reasonable notice (after you've posted detailed reasoning as to what changes you want to make)....perhaps consider making the changes. It would not have been accomplished if I had continued waiting. I think the key is documenting what you are doing and why. If nothing else, when someone inevitably posts "someone screwed up my 600lb life, please revert changes", you have solid reasons.

baskinred

Postby baskinred » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:55 am

I think this post may be in the wrong forum since the series isn't locked.

Series Change Requests
Discussion regarding locked series.

Maybe it should be in the

Members Helping Members
Coordinate actions for unlocked series here.

Can you repost or is it cool with you if i post all this info over there to try to get it fixed?