How do I put "First Aired" and "Airs" in the new site layout?

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
thisjohnny

How do I put "First Aired" and "Airs" in the new site layout?

Postby thisjohnny » Thu May 03, 2018 10:20 am

Good morning, I wonder where I put "First Aired" and "Airs" in the new layout of the site. These categories do not appear in the "Edit Series" of each TV show.

Thanks.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: How do I put "First Aired" and "Airs" in the new site layout?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu May 03, 2018 2:43 pm

My understanding of the new layout is that you add a new series, then add Season 1, then add Episode 1 to Season 1.
If I'm correct, when you set the First Aired date for 1x1, that will copy across to the First Aired date for the series (as 1x1 is logically the first-aired episode).
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

Coco
Site Admin

Postby Coco » Thu May 03, 2018 3:06 pm

That's correct, as it was a redundant field and prone to error it now just shows the first aired date of the first episode.
Please don't PM me. Post in the forums instead unless there is a very good reason for a PM or I won't respond.

nobrumski

Postby nobrumski » Sat May 12, 2018 4:26 pm

You see the first aired date which makes sense it copies over from the pilot episode, but I also didn't see a way to enter when it runs during the day or what time slot it is in.

Atoz

Postby Atoz » Sun May 13, 2018 1:55 am

Hi.

• First, the first-episode date doesn't always seem to get copied over to the "First Aired" field. Take this High & Dry (2018) page. All the show's episodes are dated, yet that "First Aired" box remains empty.

• Second, what about the "Airs" field? I'd like to submit a broadcast time for High & Dry (2018), but I can't find an entry field. Is this a bug that's being worked out, or is there some secret way to do it?

Thanks!

shadab

Postby shadab » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:40 am

DarklightIndigo wrote:My understanding of the new layout is that you add a new series, then add Season 1, then add Episode 1 to Season 1.
If I'm correct, when you set the First Aired date for 1x1, that will copy across to the First Aired date for the series (as 1x1 is logically the first-aired episode).

Well, I use this app called TV Time, in this app the series is categorized in upcoming since there is no first aired in the website even though all the episodes are aired.

terryapodaca

Postby terryapodaca » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:19 am

I know this is an older thread, but it needs to be re-evaluated by the site owners and programmers. Another example is:

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/into-alaska

There are a few episodes entered, and this is a new Show that started in October, but there is no First Aired on the main page. Can we contact someone to get this fixed?

EarthBoundX5

Postby EarthBoundX5 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:40 pm

Same thing happened when I created this, now that themoviedb is purging all "mini-series" movies.

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-beast-1996

bluesquirrel

Postby bluesquirrel » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:58 pm

They are not being purged from the site, they are being moved to the TV Shows section. TV Mini-Series are no longer considered movies.

lelberfeld

Postby lelberfeld » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:21 am

So is there no way to manually input a first aired date because I know there is a bunch of youtube shows that don't have one, (and therefore list as upcoming on TV Time) because their seasons start with years instead of a season 1