Forensic Files: Incorrect Season Naming

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
Codexx

Forensic Files: Incorrect Season Naming

Postby Codexx » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:12 am

Forensic Files has a couple of issues:

• The first four episodes under Specials are duplicates for the last four episodes of Season 08.
  • The remaining episodes under Specials do not exist. Some describe actual episodes, but these are not the correct titles. The correct episode titles already exist under the correct season, making all of these both redundant and incorrect.
  • Episodes under Season 15 are actually Specials. It seems common to label these as "Season 15" because they were recently re-aired, but they are from 2001 and were aired between seasons.
  • There are additional Specials not listed, notably the two "Investigation Re-Opened" episodes, JFK Assassination and The Lindbergh Kidnapping, but there is also Sip of Sins and Eight Men Out, sometimes also called The Norfolk Four.

I've used IMDB because the official list is not divided by season or original air date and is missing the Specials (anything aired outside of the standard season order). My main issue is their categorization of re-aired episodes as "Season 15", which is not an actual season that was produced.

I propose deleting everything under Specials, renaming Season 15 to Specials (or moving them, rather), and adding the missing specials. This will best reflect episodes that were not aired as part of a particular season.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: Forensic Files: Incorrect Season Naming

Postby DarklightIndigo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:57 pm

It looks like Seasons 7-9 are a damned mess.
Maybe someone can provide scans of The Guide or TV Times for that span?

EDIT
Sip of Sins - as well as Signed, Sealed, Delivered - both seem to have aired on-season.
Fixed the other Specials with what little data I could find (we still need hard dates on JFK and Payback).
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Re: Forensic Files: Incorrect Season Naming

Postby ByteShare » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:46 am

DarklightIndigo wrote:It looks like Seasons 7-9 are a damned mess.
Maybe someone can provide scans of The Guide or TV Times for that span?

EDIT
Sip of Sins - as well as Signed, Sealed, Delivered - both seem to have aired on-season.
Fixed the other Specials with what little data I could find (we still need hard dates on JFK and Payback).

For the JFK one I updated: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... d-Examines
For Payback I went with the wiki for now.

I'm not sure the issues with Seasons 7-9?
Just looking to get this sorted so we can move to resolved.