Change Actors Images

Request series, season banners, episode images or Fan Art, display banners you've created, and discuss related topics.
rev.pragon

Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:37 am

We will have a Look on it.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.
fusalikerf91

Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:00 pm

Never mind, It has become clear to me that this site does not care or want accurate information and/or too much "vandalism" as an excuse to make it not a reliable data base. Strange how imdb, wiki and other can seem to figure this out... well as i have gleaned from other responses below this is just way too much work for me to help with.

good luck

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As per posts on: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38913&sid=8ab97d63b ... 482c5e0916

It seems as of now the only way to Change from a blank Actor profile image is to create a new entry. I am seeing many "duplicate" actor pages ones with blank images and some with. Surly this can not be by design, for when i am unsure if it is the same actor (because there is no image AND i can not change a 'blank one' ) i just create a new page...and if i do not have that actors image ready at the time of adding i can not go back and edit it to included an image thus creating a cycle of the same actor page being created over and over...

rev.pragon wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:36 am
I´m not sure if this is intentionally but i will forward this.
In the Meantime: If you find Duplicate from Actors, make a new Thread and post the Links. We can merge them and upload a Profile Picture too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ChristyEzzell wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:13 pm
Hi,

Typically shows on TheTVDB are locked for a good reason and have to do with vandalism in the past or constant overwriting revisions. For any requests concerning the data of a locked show, you are welcome to make a request to the mods for additions. "

So for every actor missing from a series (that is locked) i would need to make a request, provide all that information, hope they understand my request, wait to see if they add the requested person... all just to "help" make the data base better sounds like a ton of work just to add an actor... thanks for letting me know its a waste of our collective time.

Seems to me there could be a locked in the sense all additions need approved, or simply new information (adding new cast/actors) not over writing would be the way to go. I think maybe my time would be better spent on imdb that seems to be the way they do it.

well good luck
kuuzo

Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:51 pm

Yup, I have the same problem. Actors without an image have no option to add an image. You can only add an image from a show/movie page (and add the actor in character). But there is no way to add an image to an actor for a global image.

If you don't upload an image at the time you create an actor (add a new actor to a database), the option is then gone.
rev.pragon

Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:26 am

Then you have the Choice to post a Request here and we will upload one. This is already under Investigation why regular Users can´t upload a Photo but during the Holidays i doubt that something will happen in this Direction.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.
RScholar

Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:53 pm

@rev.pragon Has there been any movement on this issue?

On another matter, as of the last couple days I'm now being presented with the invitation to login at random throughout the site, despite already being logged in and my username being displayed in the upper-right corner of the page. While it happens on pages of any type, it does seem to be weighted to occurring on the /people pages more often. Example below.