Wrong season order for Pokemon, again.

Laaderlappen

Wrong season order for Pokemon, again.

Postby Laaderlappen » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:51 pm

One more time, someone is making a mess with the Pokemon season orders.

Season 18, was correct, but now it has a bunch of season 17 episodes added and mixed

Season 19 is simply wrong, is season 17 repeated.

Now Season 20 is the last season, Pokemon Sun and Moon, its the correct one and It should be the last season.

So, please remove season 18 and 19 as they're wrong, and leave season 20 as the final season, and please again, lock the season, it's the 4th time I've done this post, I know you lock the season but how is it that someone keeps adding wrong info?

Mistywing

Re: Wrong season order for Pokemon, again.

Postby Mistywing » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:12 pm

The show isn't locked at the series level so people can still add interstitial seasons if they are missing. I'm assuming the correct order of things is that the listing skips over seasons 18 and 19 for this answer. Perhaps the solution is to empty out but lock these interstitial seasons if this doesn't cause the applications that fetch data to have errors.

Meanwhile I added more genre tags according to MAL and the missing original airing schedule according to this database.

Laaderlappen

Postby Laaderlappen » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Mistywing wrote:The show isn't locked at the series level so people can still add interstitial seasons if they are missing. I'm assuming the correct order of things is that the listing skips over seasons 18 and 19 for this answer. Perhaps the solution is to empty out but lock these interstitial seasons if this doesn't cause the applications that fetch data to have errors.

Meanwhile I added more genre tags according to MAL and the missing original airing schedule according to this database.

The guy that replied to me last couple of times said that he'd locked the series to prevent people adding more seasons, but is still happening.

Please remove season 18 and 19, all the others seasons are fine regarding episodes, the problem is season 18 and 19 that are simply wrong, should not be there.

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:57 pm

I see what you mean, but it seems given previous replies you received that the information you provide is up to debate. I suggest viewing this thread and coming to your conclusion on the matter.

I am not personally aware of how things should go for this series so I can't really help more than that. The thread I linked uses Wikipedia as a source which isn't up to the rules standards established here, but it also has other sources though with inconsistencies it appears as well.

halfe

Postby halfe » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:06 pm

I do not agree with OP. I'm using plex as a media player, and from the sorting that is now everything is sorted right. there is a season 19 and 20. that Pokemon Sun&Moon is on season 18 is not right. Every site i check from IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0176385/epi ... _eps_sn_20) TV.com (http://www.tv.com/shows/pokemon/episodes/) and Pokemon's official site (http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-episo ... season-20/)
there is a Season 20. so the episodes are Not sorted wrong now

When i sorted that season 20 is season 18 i get the wrong information. Many of the episodes doesn't have names just episode number. and plot is also missing, i'm using Plex so that can have that info and I think that more people say the same way.

beschoenen

Postby beschoenen » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:02 am

halfe, the thing here is that we try to follow the Japanese numbering, not the US, and they are currently still on season 18.

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:57 am

Indeed, the broadcast order of the country of origin has priority without discussion as of right now. Pokemon/US is not a valid source, TV Guide US is not a valid source, Wikipedia is not a valid source. Please concert your efforts on the Japanese broadcast order.

Please view this thread before enacting changes according to your sources to confirm whether they are considered valid sources.

halfe

Postby halfe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:20 pm

I don't know how you guys work but majorety of the sites say that it is 20 seasons

Preferred Sources:
TVguide.com http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/pokemon-the-series-sun-and-moon/episodes/1006087/ Says that it's 20 seasons

Acceptable Sources:
IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0176385/?ref_=nv_sr_1 20 seasons
TV.com http://www.tv.com/shows/pokemon/episodes/ 20 seasons

the only page that i find that doesnt add up is Animenewsnetwork.

Even "Themoviedb" says that it is 20 Seasons.
So WHY is it 18 Seasons here and nowhere else

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:09 pm

Very simply, with extremely limited exceptions, the host network controls the aired seasons. That's not reflected by the US Pokémon site, and it's arguable whether it's even consistent on TV Tokyo's site, so ANN is used as a fallback. All the sites you cited are the US re-broadcast, and aren't acceptable for the same reason BBC America reairings aren't an acceptable basis to alter BBC1 original airings.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

Laaderlappen

Postby Laaderlappen » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Mistywing wrote:I see what you mean, but it seems given previous replies you received that the information you provide is up to debate. I suggest viewing this thread and coming to your conclusion on the matter.

I am not personally aware of how things should go for this series so I can't really help more than that. The thread I linked uses Wikipedia as a source which isn't up to the rules standards established here, but it also has other sources though with inconsistencies it appears as well.

I understand, the thing is, I see the 18 seasons fine because it follows the Japanesse schedule if im not mistaken, the extra 2 season may be also fine as US airing because it divides season 1 in 1 extra season and I belive it also divides Johto. The thing is the extra seasons that are now are wrong because they're a copy of the last XYZ season and the other has a Mix of Sun and Moon and XYZ episodes, so that's why I asked to remove those 2 seasons.