All Aboard! (2015)

CaptainPedge

All Aboard! (2015)

Postby CaptainPedge » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:26 am

Just been trying to add this series and it was deleted as I was working on it. This is a new version of the series listed here, made by the BBC for air on BBC 4. This is the listing for the first episode and this is the iplayer listing for the second episode (Not really a season, more like 2 specials). Not really sure why it was deleted as there was nothing incorrect, but it was sparsely populated because it was JUST being added.

rachel.greenham

Re: All Aboard! (2015)

Postby rachel.greenham » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Seconded request, but also a correction. I don't believe it's any kind of new "version" of the existing series linked above, but a new series in its own right, with no relation to that other one except for the name conflict. The other one is not BBC, not dated, and apparently not the same kind of thing at all.

The new programmes described here are "slow TV".

The difficulty might be that the BBC may still be in the process of deciding it's a series themselves, as I suspect the first one was made (The Canal Trip) without there being at the time any firm plans for any more, but here's a second one (The Sleigh Ride), also with a name starting "All Aboard!" so it's kind of *looking* like it's going to be an occasional series. But it's fair to say, they don't have a series page up for it, so while I'd like to have them together too, with any future ones to come, I can see that it's debatable.

Both programmes are also currently listed under BBC Documentaries, as S2015E112 and S2015E310.

sgnews

Re: All Aboard! (2015)

Postby sgnews » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:55 pm

The series 'All Aboard!' with the host, Emmanuelle, on various trains is not the same series as the 'Sleigh Ride' or 'Canal' two hour specials.

I would concur that "All Aboard! The Sleigh Ride" is the full name as a stand alone documentary. Perhaps, as the other member said, it was a test for a possible ongoing show. Though the show title "All Aboard!" is taken.

Can that episode be removed from this listing? http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&ser ... 2081&lid=7