Chopped

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
burkasaurusrex

Re: Chopped

Postby burkasaurusrex » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:16 am

I'm not an admin, but I'm willing to put in some time to fix this. I just fixed S31 and S32, so I think that should be locked. I'll work to try and fix a season at a time.

FYI, S32E07 is missing on the FoodNetwork website so moved all the episodes up one. It breaks with the production codes, etc. but it seems clear to me that it is a mistake?

S33 up next...

Punji

Postby Punji » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:58 pm

I'd be willing to put in the time to clean up, but I'm heeding the warnings about not blanking out things that should be deleted. In particular right now https://www.thetvdb.com/series/chopped/episodes/6335912 (S35E11 0 The Beets Go On ) is in twice and there are a few blanked entries at the beginning of the season.

Punji

Postby Punji » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Wow the Food Network has this one completely screwed up right now. Things that previously were in Season 37 are now in Season 38. They aired Season 39 Episodes before Season 38 episodes. I know that this has been debated countless times on here (and the reason that this series used to be locked) But what is the current thought process on numbering? Are we going by Season listing on The Food Network Website? Going by Air Date? Going by Production Code?

burkasaurusrex

Postby burkasaurusrex » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:45 pm

Yea, it's a real mess. Starting in S31 / S32, they started to air multiple seasons at the same time apparently.

The production codes seem to fall in line with the The Food Network website, which are both wildly different than the air date, as you've pointed out. I think the easiest answer is to stick with the website - if we go by the air date, then whoever is updating the series has to apply judgement, and different people might apply that judgement differently.

Someone suggested earlier in the thread that we should create two series on TVDb: one that follows The Food Network website, and one that follows the air date. Seems like a great idea to me. First step in my mind towards that goal would be to clean up this current series to be one or the other.

Bajdman

Postby Bajdman » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:10 pm

To add insult to injury, the addition of watch.foodnetwork.com has caused inconsistencies. Looking at Season 29 (https://watch.foodnetwork.com/tv-shows/chopped/) it shows a total of 20 episodes (it seems to include specials) whereas the non-watch url only shows 13 episodes (https://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/chopp ... 900-series). I think there are some other mismatches here and there when comparing the two sites.

Perhaps it's already been debated before, but it seems like the "watch" url is where they're moving to going forward.

strapdoc

Postby strapdoc » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:29 pm

This series has its numbering so fubar that part of me wishes it were just split into year seasons rather than whatever the hell FoodNetwork is doing.

hitnrun30

Postby hitnrun30 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:00 am

When is this going to be fixed, I am looking to make sure I have a specific episode

tamburra

Postby tamburra » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:16 am

Punji wrote:I'd be willing to put in the time to clean up, but I'm heeding the warnings about not blanking out things that should be deleted. In particular right now https://www.thetvdb.com/series/chopped/episodes/6335912 (S35E11 0 The Beets Go On ) is in twice and there are a few blanked entries at the beginning of the season.

S35E11 is still being picked up as "The Beets Go On" when it should be "Pie Jinks". This needs to get fixed.

killermallow

Postby killermallow » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:46 pm

tamburra wrote:
Punji wrote:I'd be willing to put in the time to clean up, but I'm heeding the warnings about not blanking out things that should be deleted. In particular right now https://www.thetvdb.com/series/chopped/episodes/6335912 (S35E11 0 The Beets Go On ) is in twice and there are a few blanked entries at the beginning of the season.

S35E11 is still being picked up as "The Beets Go On" when it should be "Pie Jinks". This needs to get fixed.

S38E07 "Whiz Kid Cooks" is also now S40E01
S38E11 "Halloween Hijinks" is also now S40E06

S39E07 "Thanksgiving Pie, Oh My" is also now S42E02 with no E01 and the only entry for S42!

This show is truly screwed on TheTVDB :?

strapdoc

Postby strapdoc » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:05 pm

What on earth is going on with this poor series on theTVDB?