Ben 10: Omniverse (5017812)

Requests older than the current month.
ndjamena

Re: Ben 10: Omniverse (5017812)

Postby ndjamena » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:51 am

I don't have a view, other than to get it right, a view that apparently you don't share. EternallyBored is a good name for you, because you really don't seem to give a sh&t. I'm doing my best to correct Pearlie, a show which, for very good reasons, no one gives a damn about. There are a hundred thousand people who'd happily fill in Ben 10: Omniverse and yet you're quite happy to take the easy way out and screw it up.

That's why moderators exist.

You've already lost.

shylurkerguy

Postby shylurkerguy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:01 am

Ultimately, I believe a decision will need to be made in the absence of any official broadcaster programming info from either Cartoon Network or parent companies Turner Broadcasting or Time Warner. The network seems to be burning off the remaining brand-new episodes of the series through mid-November 2014 (ending with "story arc 8, episode 10"), with most Ben 10 fan sites and wikis (yeah, I know, non-authoritative) citing social media posts by series art director Derrick J. Wyatt that only 80 episodes of Omniverse were green-lit and produced.

The last press release of new broadcast episodes was back in February 2014 for season 3
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/ ... omniverse/

A site search for "Omniverse" on the Turner Press Site only turns up a press release for the April 2014 DVD and 3 minor mentions.
https://pressroom.turner.com/us/cartoon-network
"Omniverse" search • https://pressroom.turner.com/search/glo ... /omniverse

Ostensibly, Cartoon Network no longer cares about the Ben 10 franchise to even officially announce whether or not it's been cancelled.

EternallyBored

Postby EternallyBored » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:15 pm

ndjamena wrote:I don't have a view, other than to get it right, a view that apparently you don't share. EternallyBored is a good name for you, because you really don't seem to give a sh&t. I'm doing my best to correct Pearlie, a show which, for very good reasons, no one gives a damn about. There are a hundred thousand people who'd happily fill in Ben 10: Omniverse and yet you're quite happy to take the easy way out and screw it up.

That's why moderators exist.

You've already lost.

Your showing how little you know, this screen name is actually for compleatly different reasons which you clearly don't care about. I do want to get this right and I believe I have, you have given NO proof showing I'm wrong, you have given NOTHING showing the links I provided are wrong, your just keep stating YOUR personal views on them based on one show, you haven't given anything to make me think the 3 big companies I provided that directly say were in season 7 as well as 7 pirate sites and a third company that when put in context with the 10 sites total would suggest that it's possibly in the seventh season.

Oh and this you lost bit is childish and extremely pathetic for a few reasons, first this is not a race, there is no winning and lousing, there isn't a grand prize for having a mod agree with you, I'm trying to have a conversation to point out my view on this subject and you keep saying the same thing over and over which is compleatly based on, as far as I can tell, your personal view based off one show that I've never heard of and you yourself said no one cares about (yet another good argument for a human error) and can not provide any real proof

ndjamena

Postby ndjamena » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:22 pm

I said the name was apt and it is, why the name is there doesn't matter. You gave no actual proof that they ARE seasons, so again your second argument is useless. You're deliberately altering decisions made by the moderators with no actual proof that you are correct and yet you seem to think they should meekly submit and just do things your way anyway, that is sheer arrogance. You're the one trying to win, I have no stake either way, I'm just pointing out that your arguments are ridiculous. If it turns out there are 10 episodes season then that's all well and good. But you're a douche, that's my view and I'm sticking to it.

ndjamena

Postby ndjamena » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:44 pm

So season 3 has 10 episodes and the final episodes aired on 4/19/14.

But, there's no episode listed on TheTVDB as being aired on that date????

-Edit- Episode 30 was aired a year earlier than that.

ndjamena

Postby ndjamena » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:38 pm

The title sequence changes for the very first time on the episode "Evil's Encore" for no apparent reason. I should think that's at least as good an indicator of a new season as a differing story arc, probably better.

EternallyBored

Postby EternallyBored » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:43 pm

Ndj I'm done wasting my time with you and your pathetic rants. I've come here trying to provide mods new information on this and request they reopen the show, while you have done nothing but bash me, my sites, and now insulted me twice. I have reported you for deciding to make this personal and insult me directly, I will not be coming back to this thread and instead send PMs to Mods and ask them to make a decision.

On a personal note I profoundly hope they ban your sorry behind since you seem to nothing but try to launch attacks on people who use sites you personally don't like and that has no place on sites like this. I have managed online radio stations and been mods on forums and I would NEVER allow anyone to talk to members they way you have and insult them. I am not asking the mods or anyone else to bend to my will, I am only trying to show them a large portion of people are showing something you can't seem to accept.
Either way I'm leaving now and hope you enjoy your small and pitifull life

ndjamena

Postby ndjamena » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:34 am

EternallyBored wrote:I'm sorry but these attacks are sounding more off personal bias then anything

As far as I'm concerned, that's the first shot in the whole "personal attacks" stage. I'm entitled to bring up reasons why you're arguments are wanting without it being brushed off as personal bias.

If you'd actually bothered researching the validity of your findings this whole thread would be a hell of a lot shorter than it is, the moderators wouldn't have wasted their time undoing your mess and the series wouldn't currently be locked, preventing anyone else from updating it.

THAT is the definition of unproductive behaviour.

I'd tell you to take a look at yourself, but there seems to be a blind spot there.

ndjamena

Postby ndjamena » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:28 am

Just a question to the moderators:

http://www.thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php?t ... y:Episodes

Only the first episode seems to have any cast attached to it, but according to the rules when you have multiple entries in a field it needs to both START AND END with a pipe character (|) as well as have them in between entries, yet:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesi ... 0959&lid=7

Is that rule still in effect or has it changed?

ndjamena

Postby ndjamena » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:28 pm

Hmmm, I just discovered the Omniverse Productions codes. I'd remembered that the futon critic had said there were 10 episodes in season 3 and that they weren't sure if the show had been cancelled or if there was going to be a season 4. According to the production codes the last episode of "season 3" was in fact 602, which would make that episode part of the NEXT production block which means they'd already started work on "season 4" and completed at least two episodes from it when that post was made. It made me think they had no idea what they were talking about.

So I decided to look at the site again and check the exact wording. Unfortunately they've updated the page:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/ ... omniverse/

It looks as though they're now saying that there were 3 seasons in total over all 80 episodes.

The Cartoon Network website is still showing the final six episodes as season 1, there's a drop down box for seasons that only counts up to three but seasons two and three are empty.

According to the press releases Omniverse was rating quite well by the end, if The Cartoon Network seemed apathetic it would probably be because Ben 10 was too well established to fuss about. Maybe they're out of ideas now and it's over.

Omniverse may have been produced in lots of ten, but then again, for the most part Classic Doctor Who was produced in lots of 4. Even if you split it into ten episodes seasons the production codes would be wrong or the beginning of one season would air before the end of the last.

It's likely this is a Mythbusters situation where they were simply making them as fast as they could and airing them when they were ready.

Here's a thought, there are three seasons. 2012, 2013, 2014. Season 3 would start at the beginning of 2014...

It's as valid as any other theory.