Frontline New Episode

Series that require continual maintenance and / or aggressive cleanup.
DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: Frontline New Episode

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:18 am

Moved to Specials. Not really sure what's going on here, but this should at least preserve the data without causing further issues.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

f8andbethere

Postby f8andbethere » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:40 pm

sneakfifty wrote:It did not air. I contacted the WGBH archivist and had this confirmed. I made a series change request post but it was moved to the backlog.

Are you willing that share that contact information? I'm of the opinion we should restructure Frontline like NOVA was done, but I think we should get confirmation from them.

sneakfifty

Postby sneakfifty » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:52 pm

Anyone else can follow up to the archivist to confirm ([email protected]), but below is verbatim what I received:

That episode was scheduled to be FRONTLINE #2908 but was pulled from the schedule. I don't have information at hand as to why it was pulled, but it is listed as "never aired" in our system. We don't have any copies of the program in the archives.

sneakfifty

Postby sneakfifty » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:55 pm

DarklightIndigo wrote:Moved to Specials. Not really sure what's going on here, but this should at least preserve the data without causing further issues.

PBS has started referring to Frontline episodes by season number instead of year. This might be a retroactive change so I don't know if the mods want to stick with the original format. I'd prefer to keep it as is just so I don't have to manually rename 700 files.

Freakeao

Postby Freakeao » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:39 am

The are tools to take care of the renaming if it comes to that.

dmbmke

Postby dmbmke » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:12 pm

This is still a problem in Plex. Plex is using season numbers and the TVdb is using years.

What is the recommended way to proceed?