How do I become a moderator

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
Knightmare
Site Moderator

How do I become a moderator

Postby Knightmare » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:46 am

I would like to become a moderator so that I can help make the fixes and add information to series that have the wrong information and are locked. I was wondering what I need to do to have this privilege. If there is a series you would like me to work on to prove myself I can do that just let me know what you need done.

polargeek
The Cat's Ass

Re: How do I become a moderator

Postby polargeek » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:14 pm

Succinctly, to be considered for a moderator position you need to have demonstrated a working knowledge of site rules and procedures on these forums.

Long explanation:
- First you would need to have a history of posting requests that include follow all site rules and provide correct sources, formatting, etc.
- Second you would need to have a track record of providing responses to other users requests that are helpful in guiding them to provide necessary information or if possible answering their question outright
- Third your name would have to be put forward by one of the existing moderators for consideration by the administrators
- Lastly and probably the most obvious, is to achieve all of this you would need to have been a member for more than 10 days since none of the other 3 are possible in that time frame
All PM's asking for exceptions, rule changes, series unlocks et al will be ignored.