Babylon 5: In the Beginning

This section of the forum is for our users to share their custom NFO files for alternate show orderings and "series" which do not belong directly in our database.
Forum rules
This section of the forum is for our users to share their custom NFO files for alternate show orderings and "series" which do not belong directly in our database. It will not be moderated except to remove abuse and spam so do not expect admin/mod support here. NFO files should be stored offsite on either cloud storage or similar hosting sites. Have fun and don't make us regret this.
DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:53 pm

I have neither this episode, nor any idea if "reduced fields" will even work. Here goes nothin'!

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<episodedetails>
    <title>In the Beginning</title>
    <showtitle>Babylon 5</showtitle>
    <rating>7.000000</rating>
    <year>1998</year>
    <season>4</season>
    <episode>99</episode>
    <aired>1998-01-04</aired>
    <displayseason>4</displayseason>
    <displayepisode>99</displayepisode>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/70726/297132.jpg</thumb>
    <plot>The Earth military encounters an alien race called the Minbari. Through a series of accidents and misunderstandings, a war breaks out that nearly results in the death of every human on Earth. The war and its aftermath provide the background for the TV series "Babylon 5."</plot>
    <runtime>60</runtime>
    <mpaa>TV-PG</mpaa>
    <playcount>0</playcount>
    <director>Michael Vejar</director>
    <premiered>1998-01-04</premiered>
</episodedetails>
Copy-paste into a new text file; save as whatever you called the episode with .nfo instead of .txt.
Babylon 5 - s00e02 - In the Beginning.avi would get Babylon 5 - s00e02 - In the Beginning.nfo, for example.
Last edited by DarklightIndigo on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated with airdate and thumbnail.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.
phoenix79

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks for that. I only just saw this. I tried it on the raspbmc and it does not work. Is there something else that I need to do aside from what you listed above? I have it in the same directory where the video is saved.

Thanks
hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:27 am

You would need to rescan the item into your library to start. I'm assuming this is an XBMC fork of some kind?
DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:28 pm

Indeed, it's a fork of XBMC for Raspberry-Pi, use it myself. ;)

That said, from what I can see in the documentation, the episode information - possibly the series, as well - would need to be manually reloaded through the context menu, Episode or Show Information, Refresh.

That should all kick into place; if not, get the debug logs and I'll take a look tonight.
I've not ever had to actually do this for a series, though, so I'll dummy something up for testing purposes.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.
phoenix79

Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Ok, Works great. It is missing the broadcast date and original thumbnail image. But it now is organised correctly.

Thanks for the help :)