Wrestling / UFC / Sports Allowed?

Discuss ongoing matters concerning the application of site policies, or the policies themselves, here.
Forum rules
This sub-forum is for the discussion of site policy and the handling thereof ONLY.
Please direct all change requests to the main forum.
morpheus2n2

Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:34 am

swattx wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:50 pm
So I mentioned here that I was going to get opinions from other mods and admins on the PPV topic and they all agreed that PPV’s should be entered as movies. 4 of the 6 active people on this topic wanted the PPV’s to be added as a series which is not a majority if you add the mods and admins.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=58617&p=162178#p162178

I mentioned here that the PPV’s will be added as movies. You chose to ignore that and the series got deleted. No one is asking you to redo anything.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=58617&p=163058#p163058

I have no idea why the users on this site are hell bent on creating a TV series for PPV events. PPV’s are not TV series! I see why WWE and UFC were initially banned from this website.

If you don’t want to enter those events as movies, then don’t entered them at all.
The reason users are "hell bent" as you put it, is because this whole thing was put to US to agree on, which is what we did then it was said The admins say otherwise!
and when its brought up a couple more times and us users carry on under the impression that what we agreed is how to do things, to finally be told.

"4 of the 6 active people on this topic wanted the PPV’s to be added as a series which is not a majority if you add the mods and admins." This is the sort of communication you should had made clear from the start!

Please don't ask the community to agree between each other how to proceed then turn round and say "Nope not that way" without fist giving a clear answer!

This whole affair was presented to us users to work out but was undermined!

I would love to know how the Mods and admins think having all the PPV as movies (I have over 550 of them and that's not including years 2003-2013) makes sense this is not only a massive undertaking but going to prove a massive problem for new users to work out.

Why is it so hard to use an already setup listing (that's been on here for years ) and just add to it, its already tidy looking and covers a good 26 years of content, please could you ask the mods/admins for comment on this as we as a community would like a little bit of communication to clear up the confusing and now slight hostility shown to us from the site team!?
morpheus2n2

Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:42 am

swattx wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:42 pm
morpheus2n2 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:13 pm
I have started updating Main Event https://www.thetvdb.com/series/wwe-main-event Have added the seasons +1 for next year, and have started adding the EP's with info including airdates, if anyone can help that would be awesome as there's 7 seasons to do with about 50+ep's per season
I’m going to redo the series. Somehow, someone added an entry that changed the first air date to May 0013 and I can’t fix it.
Also now that this has been redone why is it still only 1 season when on WWE.com ( https://watch.wwe.com/in-ring/WWE-Main-Event-2130 ) its most definitely not? I had already added the next season before it was taken down and redone and now its locked?
swattx

Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:02 am

So I don’t know if you have selective reading or you’re just being stubborn because you’re not getting your way but I clearly said that I was going to get mods and admins opinions as well.

If I wasn’t going to take the mods and admins opinion into consideration than why would I ask them?

I clearly gave you the reason why the PPV’s are to be entered as movies so there’s no reason to ask again.

The listing on here shouldn’t even exist and will be deleted. It was created when wrestling was not allowed in the database.

Main Event has been locked to prevent it from being broken again as I could not fix the first entry that was created which had the first episode date start in year 13 instead of 2012 that created by you

The other shows are still being updated that why main Event hasn’t been updated yet.
morpheus2n2

Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:36 am

swattx wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:02 am
So I don’t know if you have selective reading or you’re just being stubborn because you’re not getting your way but I clearly said that I was going to get mods and admins opinions as well.

If I wasn’t going to take the mods and admins opinion into consideration than why would I ask them?

I clearly gave you the reason why the PPV’s are to be entered as movies so there’s no reason to ask again.

The listing on here shouldn’t even exist and will be deleted. It was created when wrestling was not allowed in the database.

Main Event has been locked to prevent it from being broken again as I could not fix the first entry that was created which had the first episode date start in year 13 instead of 2012 that created by you

The other shows are still being updated that why main Event hasn’t been updated yet.
No worries its more a case of miss reading and not stubbornness, theirs been so many post back and forth about all the different shows etc its very to miss small posts when on a mobile device Sorry for that.

As for WWE Main event, I never made the initial listing just added to one that was already there so not sure how or why it was showing wrong if I had entered the date wrong on the second season listing (the one I added) I apologize, the 2012 season was already there and I was just adding to.

As for the whole PPV thing, so this is defo 100% going to be done as films? and all the admins and mods are happy in the knowledge that that will mean in excess 500 listings?
I don't mean to sound bitter or rude just want to make sure we are all signing from the same hymn sheet moving forward.

Again sorry for the miss understanding and for sounding rude. I hope you can accept my apology :D
morpheus2n2

Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:12 am

Oh last question, if PPV is defo going forward as movies how would one go about fetching the metadata in Plex as TVDB agent is not an available scrapper for Movie library's?
swattx

Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:56 am

You’re fine and yes it’s going 100% movies and they are aware of it.

As far as the me metadata scrapping for movies in plex, I will have to ask about that.
morpheus2n2

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:06 am

swattx wrote:

As far as the me metadata scrapping for movies in plex, I will have to ask about that.
Ok cool :D
aliveinchrist14

Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:39 am

Just an FYI, WWE SmackDown has Season 1 Episode 1 named as "Pilot" instead of "SmackDown 1" therefore every episode for all seasons and episodes following that first episode are currently all off by one number. That's not going to be fun for the person who has to go through all 900+ episodes to fix that silly mistake.
axminster

Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:56 pm

aliveinchrist14 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:39 am
Just an FYI, WWE SmackDown has Season 1 Episode 1 named as "Pilot" instead of "SmackDown 1" therefore every episode for all seasons and episodes following that first episode are currently all off by one number. That's not going to be fun for the person who has to go through all 900+ episodes to fix that silly mistake.
That's right, they had a pilot episode of SmackDown a few months before the show actually began. Ideally I'd put that Pilot episode on Specials only and remove from the first season, but it's not wrong. The problem it's in the Seasons 7, 8, 9 (which needs to be created) and 10. Somewhere along that everything aligns and you can see that the Pilot doesn't count in the numbering.
swattx

Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:20 pm

morpheus2n2 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:06 am
swattx wrote:

Ok cool :D
So I went to the plex forum to ask about the movie metadata scrapping for the TVdb and I was told there was no plans for adding the TVdb as a movie scrapper.