Change Username or Remove Account

Discussion about the website and interfaces.
Report general bugs here.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
PSP91

Re: Change Username or Remove Account

Postby PSP91 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:49 am

is this still a thing id like the same. very poor integration that you dont have an account dashboard that allows these basic functions

Strange101

Postby Strange101 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:10 am

Hi!
I would also like to delete both my accounts (forum and website). Is it possible?

elphie

Postby elphie » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Echoing several posters above I also wish my account on here & the main site to be deleted.

I note it can be done (on here) as several user names are shown as deleted or removed on Page 2 of this very thread.

I have to assume it is something you can also do on the main site also in order to comply with GDPR regulations...

Please delete my account on both sites and any info you hold on me.

Thank-you

eddman

Postby eddman » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:49 am

Could you please delete my thetvdb.com account? It's based on an email account that I don't want to use on websites anymore.

This is the email: mi*******[email protected] (I've masked some of the letters for privacy. I can PM the full email if you need.)

P.S. Please don't delete my forum account. They both have the same username, "eddman".

Zeldas Link

Postby Zeldas Link » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:11 am

Dear Mods,

many people - including myself - asked for username change or account removal in the past months...do you even read this? I'm sure all of us have read the earlier posts in this thread (page 1), so we all do know it is actually possible. So why is there not a single response from you regarding our requests?

Any info on that would be really nice. Thanks in advance.

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:41 am

I've been moving and merging threads to this one to facilitate management, but I personally have no power over site account deletion (only forum, and doing that first would be counterproductive), so I apologize. I thought this was being taken care of. I'll attempt to bring in an admin's help.

For those requesting username changes (including those with visible e-mail names), a function to change usernames should become available on the new site version.

szsori
Site Admin

Postby szsori » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:02 pm

Mistywing is correct... I'm adding that functionality today, in fact. If anyone doesn't want to wait about a week to have their account deleted, please PM me your email address and I'll do it manually.

shaxnel

Postby shaxnel » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:18 am

How can I change my username from shaxnel2162r to shaxnel ?
Can somebody do it for me, because I have no clue how.