PJ Masks - Moon Madness

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
andcbii

PJ Masks - Moon Madness

Postby andcbii » Tue May 14, 2019 8:00 pm

Someone keeps entering this as one episode when it should be two:

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/pj-masks/seasons/all

This should be 2 episode.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y4zMh ... leWK8rEndj
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1edOlW ... o4RmsmdOgt

Each episode in this series consists of 2 parts and this episode should also be split. This is similar to another request I made here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51502&p=138993#p138993

Can these get fixed and LOCKED so people don't keep messing with them?

lfatone

Re: PJ Masks - Moon Madness

Postby lfatone » Wed May 15, 2019 6:20 pm

Can you list a source for this? I double checked on Disney's web site but I'm only seeing one Moon Madness episode listed.

mrman2k7

Postby mrman2k7 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:07 pm

As andcbii mentioned, this episode has two parts with separate title cards. Shouldn't that qualify it as two episodes? The second part is listed as "Moon Madness Pt. 2". This image is still visible in the "Episode 0" that has been blanked out.

PJ Masks is the only show that seems to break the convention for multi-part episodes for animated shows on TheTVDB. All other shows break up episodes with clearly-defined parts into multiple episodes.

As I mentioned last time this happened in Season 1 for the Halloween episodes, see Dinosaur Train Season 4 for previous precedent:
https://www.thetvdb.com/series/dinosaur-train/seasons/4
Episodes 1 and 2, Episodes 3 and 4, Episodes 11 and 12, and Episodes 13 and 14 are all multi-part episodes that have been split in two for TheTVDB.

lfatone

Postby lfatone » Fri May 17, 2019 5:28 pm

Yep, not a problem, we just need to find where this information is coming from so that we can validate it. On Disney's website I only found one episode listed for Moon Madness. Can you provide a link to a source that lists it as two?

Thanks!

mrman2k7

Postby mrman2k7 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:56 am

To be fair, Disney Junior's website lists all episodes with multiple segments as a single episode, but TheTVDB policy is to split those into separate episodes. Like the other episodes in the series, each segment has a separate title card for each part. (In this case, it is "Moon Madness" and "Moon Madness Pt. 2.").

However, for the episodes that have an second segment title that is the same with "Pt. 2" at the end, the Disney website only lists the first title. (I assume for aesthetic reasons because "Moon Madness / Moon Madness Pt. 2" would look a bit sloppier.) If we were going based off the website alone, then shouldn't all the episodes be condensed? (Episode 2 of season 3 would be "Armadylan and Robette Rule / Armadylan Zen", overruling the precedent for splitting multi-segment episodes? (I would not prefer this, but I'm trying to figure out what the rules of the site would dictate.)

Is it not sufficient that each segment has a separate title card within the episode itself? I'm trying to figure out what exactly denotes a separate episode in cases like this. Animated shows on TheTVDB don't follow the standard rules, so this is a bit confusing. (Other kids programs with multiple segments like Odd Squad aren't split because they are live action.) It can be annoying to get kids shows all matched up and then the episode order gets changed and nothing matches anymore when my kids want to watch a show.

bencollinz

Postby bencollinz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:52 am

mrman2k7 wrote:It can be annoying to get kids shows all matched up and then the episode order gets changed and nothing matches anymore when my kids want to watch a show.

Right...like when I correct the entire series to the way it should be and then a user (you) comes and changes it all back.

It needs to be locked.

mrman2k7

Postby mrman2k7 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:21 pm

bencollinz wrote:
mrman2k7 wrote:It can be annoying to get kids shows all matched up and then the episode order gets changed and nothing matches anymore when my kids want to watch a show.

Right...like when I correct the entire series to the way it should be and then a user (you) comes and changes it all back.

It needs to be locked.

I wasn't referring to changing the episodes on TheTVDB. I meant changing the file names on my computer so they match up correctly with TheTVDB for my Plex server.

The point being that there is still some confusion and conflicting precedent for this situation. Someone has recently added "Moon Madness Pt. 2" as another episode again, and now there are two episodes numbered as episode 2.

If a cartoon has two parts that aired together (with separate title cards), my interpretation would be that both rules from the Wiki apply.

TheTVDB Wiki wrote:Episode Arc Notation
Multiple episodes following the same story line (To be continued/cliff hanger episodes) should be noted at the end of an episode title. Mark them using a single number in parentheses to denote which part of the story line that episode is. For example, Stargate Universe season 2 episodes 10 and 11 should be named "Resurgence (1)" and "Deliverance (2)" respectively.

This rule does not apply to series where all episodes are a direct continuation of the last, such as 24.

Multiple Stories per Episode
This applies to cartoons only. When a cartoon has multiple story lines in a single episode the standard on this site is to enter each story as a separate episode. This is because it's quite common for networks to release them separately at some point.

Are multiple parts of a continuing story considered as multiple story lines? See an example from Season 2 of where this is the case:
Episode 17 and Episode 18 are two parts of "Moonstruck". Part 1 has the subtitle "Race to the Moon" and part 2 has the subtitle "Lunar Fortress".
As these are split into two episodes on TheTVDB, logically "Moon Madness" parts 1 and 2 (and "Halloween Tricksters" parts 1 and 2 from season 2) should also be split up. Or does an episode need to have a subtitle to be split up this way?

This feels to me like something that needs to be clarified by an Admin or it will go back and forth until it's eventually locked one way or the other.

I'm not going to go and change anything without permission from an admin, but I will one again argue that these episodes should be split based on precedent and the rules from the Wiki.

bencollinz

Postby bencollinz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:05 pm

One way or the other. I agree. Something just needs to be decided upon. I'm sick of the names being wrong in Plex as a surprise because someone renamed them all on here.

Equinox
Site Moderator

Postby Equinox » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:29 am

mrman2k7 wrote:To be fair, Disney Junior's website lists all episodes with multiple segments as a single episode, but TheTVDB policy is to split those into separate episodes. Like the other episodes in the series, each segment has a separate title card for each part. (In this case, it is "Moon Madness" and "Moon Madness Pt. 2.").

However, for the episodes that have an second segment title that is the same with "Pt. 2" at the end, the Disney website only lists the first title. (I assume for aesthetic reasons because "Moon Madness / Moon Madness Pt. 2" would look a bit sloppier.) If we were going based off the website alone, then shouldn't all the episodes be condensed? (Episode 2 of season 3 would be "Armadylan and Robette Rule / Armadylan Zen", overruling the precedent for splitting multi-segment episodes? (I would not prefer this, but I'm trying to figure out what the rules of the site would dictate.)

Is it not sufficient that each segment has a separate title card within the episode itself? I'm trying to figure out what exactly denotes a separate episode in cases like this. Animated shows on TheTVDB don't follow the standard rules, so this is a bit confusing. (Other kids programs with multiple segments like Odd Squad aren't split because they are live action.) It can be annoying to get kids shows all matched up and then the episode order gets changed and nothing matches anymore when my kids want to watch a show.

In light of the site policy of multi-segment episode splitting, I feel like it's enough that each segment has a separate title card within the episode.
At any rate, Season 3 seems to be in order now, with Episode 1 being "Moon Madness" and Episode 2 being "Moon Madness Pt. 2."

bencollinz

Postby bencollinz » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:07 am

There are two episode 2's...

edit: n/m I'll fix it