The Widow - All air dates the same?

Coordinate actions for unlocked series here.
tventhusiast

The Widow - All air dates the same?

Postby tventhusiast » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:05 am

Why are all the air dates for the series 1 of "The Widow" 28 Feb 2019? It's only just started airing in the UK, and was made available on Amazon in March.

Should I just overwrite the currect dates with the UK ones?

https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-widow/seasons/1

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Re: The Widow - All air dates the same?

Postby Imzadi » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:31 am

If I am not mistaken, Iran Amazon series. So the Amazon release dates should be added.

tventhusiast

Postby tventhusiast » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:56 am

According to my information, it's a British TV series originating from ITV and distributed by All3media, which is also British. Putting Amazon release dates against an aired date field seems strange.

Quite a few series nowadays seem to be available on demand (iPlayer, All4, etc.) but still have the actual aired date on TVDB.

Makes the whole idea of 'Aired Date' rather pointless, doesn't it?

tventhusiast

Postby tventhusiast » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:26 am

For the record, I've no particular axe to grind here, but it does seem that there has been quite a bit of discussion recently over airdates.

example Victoria S03, Midsomer Murders S20 etc.

In the spirit of being a community, as in the Rules:

Being a Community:
We know that the site isn’t perfect. That’s why we need you! You think something’s wrong? Question it! You think something is unclear? Let us know! You have the greatest idea for the site that it would eliminate all issues for the rest of time? PLEASE TELL US! A lot of ideas that have come from the community have been implemented into the current site and a lot more into
the new site to come. We hope that the community will never cease to expand and improve theTVdb.com

Perhaps there is scope for an improvement over just having an "Aired Date" field, which is no longer accurate?

eg. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=53434&hilit=aired+date&start=20#p144229

Maybe a "Released on demand" field or suchlike?

tventhusiast

Postby tventhusiast » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:28 am

tventhusiast wrote:According to my information, it's a British TV series originating from ITV and distributed by All3media, which is also British. Putting Amazon release dates against an aired date field seems strange.

Quite a few series nowadays seem to be available on demand (iPlayer, All4, etc.) but still have the actual aired date on TVDB.

Makes the whole idea of 'Aired Date' rather pointless, doesn't it?

For some reason I'm not allowed to edit this now, but the final credit from the first episode of The Widow would seem to indicate that it's a British/ITV production:

https://pasteboard.co/I9j9PvZ.png

tventhusiast

Postby tventhusiast » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:30 pm

Someone's changed all the dates now to the actual air dates, so I suppose it's a moot point in this particular case.

tventhusiast

Postby tventhusiast » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:41 am

Spoke too soon, now some one has changed them all again, this time to March 1st!

tventhusiast

Postby tventhusiast » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:28 am

And now some one else has changed them all back, thereby illustrating the point precisely!