Batman: The Animated Series (Change Request)

Where rejected requests go to die.
Seriously though, we're open to discussion; but read the stickied thread first to avoid a premature termination of the conversation.
Forum rules
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions
If your request was denied or your listing was removed without explanation, now would be a good time to review these sections, as it likely ran afoul of them.

DO NOT CONTACT MODERATORS REGARDING POLICY ENFORCEMENT.
If you feel the application of a policy is unfair, please open a Policy Inquiry, with the understanding that administrators (red names) set the policies and moderators (green names) must enforce them within reasonable degrees of latitude.

DO NOT CITE WIKIPEDIA!

Due to the egregious nature of the vast majority of requests pertaining to The Bible and The Lost Room, they will immediately be moved here. Further rejection of the rules and volunteer efforts to remedy the situation will be met with thread and series locks, as well as forums bans as necessary.

ALL REQUESTS TO UNLOCK SERIES FOR TRANSLATIONS WILL BE MOVED HERE WITHOUT NOTICE!
You may propose translations for locked series by starting a new thread after clicking here.
atomsk86

Batman: The Animated Series (Change Request)

Postby atomsk86 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:36 am

Hello,

It appears as though the episode order isn't correct in regards to Batman: The Animated Series (https://www.thetvdb.com/series/batman-t ... ted-series). Both the TVDB page and IMDB list the episode order incorrectly and the recently released Blu-Ray remaster shows the correct order.

I can post the pictures of the disc booklet for further proof later but here is the correct order that I have found in the meantime.

There wasn't actually 4 seasons of the series but 3 Seasons that were released over 4 volumes because Season 1 had 65 episodes followed by Season 2 having 20 episodes and Season 3 having 24 episodes to finish out the series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_B ... s_episodes
Amazon Listing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FS ... UTF8&psc=1

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,

Atomsk

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Re: Batman: The Animated Series (Change Request)

Postby Imzadi » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:45 am

The aired order is exactly what it is supposed to be. The aired order. You can use the DVD order instead. A differently DVD/BluRay order is not possible. And no, we do not allow duplicates.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=51871&p=139769&hilit=batman#p139769

ZimsBrew

Postby ZimsBrew » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:06 am

The original air date is not correct for the Batman: The Animated Series. This can be easily referenced on Wikipedia at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_B ... Season_One.

If someone can unlock this, I will go in and fix. However, I assure you that these episodes did not air day after day in consecutive order. I remember waiting to watch these new episodes.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:48 am

lifeofmessiah

Postby lifeofmessiah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:19 pm

The problem is I've used the DVD source and it's entirely incorrect as well to get the list as defined by DVD/Wikipedia,

Can we please fix this. Thank you.

MrSqueezles

Postby MrSqueezles » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 pm

Other sources seem to agree with this order, but it's clearly wrong. The first disc of the Blu-Ray release includes an interview with the producer in which he says, "Right off the bat, with this first episode [...]" He's talking about On Leather Wings. I remember new characters being introduced over time, but here, Catwoman shows up in episode 1 and then the conclusion to that episode is way down at number 8. And there wasn't one episode released every day.

At this point, it'd be better to not show dates and correct the episode order instead of continuing to show data that's obviously incorrect. Even better, Wikipedia's data appears to be correct and is at least not obviously wrong. I'd be happy to make this change. I'm trying to introduce my kids to this show and watching in this order is just confusing.