Unable to replace actor images

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
alltimemarr

Unable to replace actor images

Postby alltimemarr » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:40 am

It says "This should be an image of the actor in this specific role. If an animated series, this should be a photo of the character they voice. If an image is already set for this actor, this image will replace it."

But I can't. I want to replace the Flikken Maastricht images with actual in-character images.. I tried to upload it, and then I got a green bar at the top saying " Actor updated." But nothing..

Is it mod-only?

alltimemarr

Re: Unable to replace actor images

Postby alltimemarr » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:50 am

Oh, by chance, I just found this in another thread.
It takes some time (a few days) till the new Images appear on the main site too. Kodi only scraps the first pics. When you update a Picture from an Actor you can see the latest Image with another / sign before the jpg adress. For Example: https://www.thetvdb.com/banners/actors//351959.jpg (in that Case it´s the same pic)

And when I check the actor image and put the extra "/" in the URL, I do see my pic...

However, why doesn't it update instantly on the website? O_o

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Re: Unable to replace actor images

Postby Imzadi » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:25 am

Because it takes a few days until the cache is cleared.