Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Extra, etc.

What shows do you like or dislike?
What about certain actors?
Any upcoming shows you're looking forward to?
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SERIES REQUESTS HERE.
Use the appropriate forum.
Requests posted here are subject to immediate deletion.
annomatik

Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi! I'm pretty new to that Anime stuff. What I have found until now is, that some animes, e.g. Food Wars, have their own way of dealing with seasons. For example, season 2 of Food wars is called "Ni No Sara" (second plate), season 3 is called "San No Sara" (third plate) and is split in two parts, the second part being called "Toutsuki Ressha-hen".

Thetvdb.com is quite helpful, it keeps the anime together anyway.

And then's the "Faith" stuff. Apparently, there are four seasons of "Fate", I'm not sure about that. But they are separate tv shows in thetvdb:

- Fate/Stay Night (Season 1?) - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/fate-sta ... /seasons/1
- Fate/Zero (Season 2?) - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/fate-zero
- Fate/Extra: Last Encore (Season 3?) - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/fate-extra-last-encore
- Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (Season 4?) - https://www.thetvdb.com/series/fate-sta ... easons/all

What I could not find is a tv show called "Fate", which simply ties these four seasons together. So what's going on here? They look quite similar, they seem to be in the same universe, all of them have a blond girl on their title poster...

Thanks!
rev.pragon

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:59 pm

The Fate Universe has grown a little bit in the Past so there´s no need to try to get them all together.

The first one is Fate Stay/Night and imho the Original/first part.
Fate/Zero places 10 Years before the Fate Stay/Night Story. Extra Last/Encore: I didn´t watched that but it seems it´s a spinoff, not sure about that, no Interest from my Side.
Unlimited Bladewors is also a Spin off and tells the Original Story from Stay/Night with an alternativ Route. You cant put all Shows/Seasons together because they are different to each other. This Anime Stuff can become a little bit complicate from Time to Time.
The blonde Girl on the Poster is always the same. If you watch all Shows, you understand.

Also there´s Fate Kaleid too which is also playing in the Fate Universe but a total Spin off to the Series.

Just watch the Show(s) and you will understand. But begin with Stay/Night
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.
annomatik

Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:23 pm

thanks!
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:23 pm

rev.pragon wrote:The blonde Girl on the Poster is always the same.
Red Saber =/= Blue Saber :x

Also don't confuse her with Saber of Red :lol:
rev.pragon

Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:55 pm

yeah but Namend "Saber". I didn´t know the Difference´s cause i don´t watched it. The last one was Grand Order/First Order.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.
annomatik

Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:18 am

Ok, I'll just file the show under Fate/* and the actress als *Saber. lol
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Fate/stay night, Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Saber is all the same character and same actress.
Fate/Extra Last Encore is a completely different character and actress.
Fate/Apocrypha has two Sabers (one male) but the female even though also red is again a completely different character to the other two.
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya has a minor appearance from Saber based on the one from /stay night, /Zero but not exactly the same character. She is not poster girl here.

Fate/Zero is prequel to Fate/stay night and Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works.
/stay night and /stay night: Unlimited Blade Works are diverging timelines from the same point of origin in the story.
/Extra Last Encore is completely unrelated to either except for the fundamental principles and mechanics of the universe.
/Apocrypha is similarly unrelated except for these basics.
/kaleid liner Prisma Illya is a divergent timeline from /Zero if and when /Zero had a different end than the one shown in the series.

The in progress Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel movie trilogy is similarly divergent from the same point as either /stay night or /stay night: Unlimited Blade Works. Fate/Zero is therefore also a prequel to this timeline.
annomatik

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:41 pm

Interesting Stuff. Thanks, you sure know your Animes! :-)
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:37 pm

Here is a picture chart. I have eliminated Servant identities as I consider them to be spoilers.

Of note and not already discussed, Grand Order has a prologue animation already released and is getting two chapters adapted in the future as well, but they will not be the first chapters after the prologue. They are the sixth and seventh chapters, Camelot and Babylonia (and hopefully I will beat them before they air...)