Trying to help the danish community out.

Discuss the new site and features.
Forum rules
Updates. Issues. Resolutions.

If you don't see it here, feel free to ask!
Please note that the new site is in its early infancy, and asking the same question will not lead to different results.
That said, a number of features will be returning as soon as the site is stable and reliable.
HomerSimpsons

Trying to help the danish community out.

Postby HomerSimpsons » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:07 pm

Hello their,

I have tried to create a series on TheTVDB, and that went just fine. But when I tries to add a new episode or anything I get this error. And no matter what I do I keep getting it.

HomerSimpsons

Re: Trying to help the danish community out.

Postby HomerSimpsons » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:17 pm

Also I can't add a translation to this series: https://www.thetvdb.com/series/335197 - i think it has something to do with the danish: æ, ø and å. But not quite sure tbh. Sonarr won't accept that series as it don't understand the æøå either.

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:58 pm

This seems to be a somewhat rare but still existing issue with the site. I've seen a few reports of similar failures in updating. I can't really help you with that though, sorry.

For Sonarr you can use tvdb:335197 for the search to search by the ID and add it. Edit: I think it needs an English title though. Sonarr is English and monolingual. FAQ confirms (bottom)

HomerSimpsons

Postby HomerSimpsons » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:42 am

Thats the problem Mistywing, I can't even add any english translation or anything, as it keeps giving me an error. You could just change the UTF code you use on the website, and the problem would be fixed.

I really wanna help out. As their is a lot of danish shows, that are close to non existing on TheTVDB, and I want to track them though sonarr :(

Mistywing

Postby Mistywing » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:58 am

These errors seem to be more to do with the database than character encoding. That's what about thirty seconds of googling the last descriptor "Integrity constraint violation" or the one I'm getting tells me at least.

For sure there are shows here with the accented character that work fine. Example The character encoding is UTF-8 which is pretty much the standard too.

I'm moving this to V2 subforum as an individual bug report for now on this specific series, but this isn't the first database error I see personally.

HomerSimpsons

Postby HomerSimpsons » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:46 am

Cool. Is their any timeline at all, when this could be or is fixed?