Lenas Ranch/Le Ranch Season 2 Episode order

depp.jones

Lenas Ranch/Le Ranch Season 2 Episode order

Postby depp.jones » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:44 am

Hi I'm new to the forum.

I did some work on the french/german series Lenas Ranch (http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... nid=673939). The second season is running weekly in france for a while now and has been aired in germany the last weeks en block, but with a complete different order than the original french one. The problem is, that there is no good source for the french ordering but the french wkikipedia, where someone enters the episodes after they are aired. TF1, the producer tv-station of the series has no information of the order and the other french site are seriously outdated, still showing only the first season.
KIKA, the german television station airing the german version has its own order online and that has been taken over by some german sites as well.

Which ordering should be used? The french one, where no valid source exists, but the french wikipedia, or the german one (which has some time inconsitencies like jumping from winter to spring and back to winter and then to summer...).

There has been some ongoing reordering the last days and I think that does not help anyone (if it's me who is doing it wrong out of sheer inexperience, I would stop that right now ;) ).

Maretoh

Re: Lenas Ranch/Le Ranch Season 2 Episode order

Postby Maretoh » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:04 am

If TF1 is the primary broadcaster, they'd have the lead on the order of the episodes, and the airdates.
An episode a day keeps the doctor away.

depp.jones

Postby depp.jones » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:39 am

Thanks for the info. Now I'll look for a good source for the original airdates. Maybe I'll try to get in contact with TF1, but I think my french is not sufficient for that. ;)

Maretoh

Postby Maretoh » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:43 am

If you wanna do that and need help in French, you can contact me. ;)
For the sources, I'll try to see if I can dig up something too.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby DarklightIndigo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:25 pm

I'm okay with Wikipedia as a last resort, it just shouldn't contravene existing, official sources.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.

Maretoh

Postby Maretoh » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:48 am

I thought the Wikipedia page wasn't totally complete either. All good then.

depp.jones

Postby depp.jones » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:17 pm

In wikipedia.fr, the last episode is still missing to date but I think it will be edited tomorrow as on sunday the last episode should be aired.

TauPan

Postby TauPan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi!

Sorry to revive this old thread (also my first post here), but currently Kika is airing Lenas Ranch Season 2 again (in its own order) and I'm downloading the episodes to my plex server. As plex prefers the episode order from tvdb, this is what I'm using. But things are quite confusing still:

On https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-ranch/seasons/2 the episode numbers are not in sequence of the airing dates given. Also the second episode plays in winter, while the other episodes around it do not.

Also there's a disagreement between the French and German episode 2 (Wettkampf im Schnee vs. Ski Joering, same episode) and the swedish one (Ranchens stjärna, which is obviously a different episode, Der Star der Ranch/La star du ranch).

But the episode order does agree with wikipedia.fr, so I suppose it's just the swedish episode titles that got mixed up.

Kind regards
Friedel

TauPan

Postby TauPan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Sorry, that was hasty, so I need to correct myself :-\
TauPan wrote:On https://www.thetvdb.com/series/the-ranch/seasons/2 the episode numbers are not in sequence of the airing dates given. Also the second episode plays in winter, while the other episodes around it do not.

Well, first and second episodes play in winter, and the last one, so I suppose that's a consistent order, as the season is supposed to span a whole year (I guess, at least the first season did).

The airdates are still confusing. Are those the original airdates from the german station Kika?

And the issue with the swedish episode title remains.