Dimension 20 Recombination

Coordinate actions for unlocked series here.
hppavilion1

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:54 pm

So the Collegehumor Dropout RPG show "Dimension 20" is entering its third season today, and I want to discuss the way it's currently entered into the site; to do that, I feel I should first explain the structure.

The show is a D&D play show in the style of Critical Role (but with, dare I say, higher production value). Each... shall we say season (the nature of that notion, with respect to this show, is central to this thread)... seems to be a single campaign. The first one released was called "Fantasy High", and is 17 episodes (and one behind-the-scenes special) long (episodes clock in at a minimum of 1 hour, 17 minutes- aside from that special)

After Fantasy High wrapped up, instead of proceeding to another season, they released a "side quest" of 6 episodes (and one special) called Escape from the Bloodkeep; those of you with the rules memorized may notice a problem there.

Currently, "season 1" is entered into the database under a series titled Dimension 20 - Fantasy High and Escape from the Bloodkeep, which is essentially season 2, is entered under the separate series Dimension 20 - Escape from the Bloodkeep. The second/third season (which is titled "Unsleeping City") hasn't been entered yet.

So there're some problems with this setup.

First of all, since each campaign is treated as one season, it seems like it should be wrapped into one series (titled "Dimension 20"), with Fantasy High as season 1, Escape from the Bloodkeep as Season 2, and Unsleeping City as season 3. This is roughly how it appears to be treated on the Dropout website (see here, though I believe you need a subscription to view); all 3 campaigns are entered under the same series, with a dropdown box (usually used to select between seasons) listing them; however, it doesn't specifically note them as "season 1", "season 2", and "season 3"- it just names them. Essentially, I believe it's in the same style as American Horror Story, where each season has a subtitle.

Escape from the Bloodkeep is the biggest problem; per the rules, I believe a webseries needs a minimum of 10 episodes to be eligible to be entered into TheTVDB, but EftBk only has a total of 7—7 long episodes, but only 7 altogether.

I've emailed the Dropout support team, which has always been prompt to answer in the past, but I don't know if they'll be able to answer this question since it's a bit out of their wheelhouse. If they can't, I'll move to the Discord and ask around there.

PS: Mods, if you read this and wish to remove Escape from the Bloodkeep because, as I've pointed out, it's not technically eligible to be included on the site, I politely request you hold any action until this is figured out.
hppavilion1

Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:50 pm

UPDATE: I emailed support, and they promptly got back to me to tell me that they ARE 3 seasons of the same series, American Horror Story style.

I can reproduce the emails here if needed, but imma merge the series now.