Is it pretty much required for The Angry Beavers to be split for them to show up correctly on Plex?

Coordinate actions for unlocked series here.
plausiblejosh

Is it pretty much required for The Angry Beavers to be split for them to show up correctly on Plex?

Postby plausiblejosh » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:22 pm

It's one of those shows whose A & B parts count as different episodes. I know the whole game of naming them like: s01e01-02, but that doesn't work with Angry Beavers. They have several episodes, whose parts are not next to each other like normal. For example:

Long Tall Daggy (Part A) is s03e33
Pratical Jerks (Part B) is s03e26.

Stare and Stare Alike (Part A) is s03e25
I'm Not an Animal...I'm Scientist No. 1 (Part B) is s03e34

Dagski & Norb (Part A) is s03e36
Come Shell or High Water (Part B) is s03e35

Driving Misses Daggett (Part A) is s04e08
Big Fun (Part B) is s04e07

If I was to use the naming scheme recommended here (Example: s03e33-e26), then none of the correct episodes play. I really don't want to split the episodes up, because it's a lot of work I don't have time for, and you can't split them at the correct parts. Usually it results in part of the begining or ending of an episode being cut off.

So what am I suppose to do about this?

hppavilion1

Re: Is it pretty much required for The Angry Beavers to be split for them to show up correctly on Plex?

Postby hppavilion1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:01 pm

This is an issue with a lot of short-form series, which I suspect results from the airing order and the DVD order being different; have you tried changing which order Plex matches your definitely-legal media against? You can do this by editing the show (and yes, you can do it per-show, not just per library) and selecting the "Advanced" menu, then changing the "Episode ordering" dropdown from "Airing order" to "DVD order".

If TheTVDB has a DVD order for Angry Beavers which matches the ordering of your media (and why wouldn't it? You obviously have just plugged several DVD drives into your computer, via which you are playing every episode), it might help. I don't think I've dealt with it before, but it's worth a shot.

hppavilion1

Re: Is it pretty much required for The Angry Beavers to be split for them to show up correctly on Plex?

Postby hppavilion1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:25 pm

UPDATE: On similar series with the same problem, I have found that doing what I said in the previous post does help; however, it appears that the thumbnails are sometimes preserved from before you changed order, and thus episodes are likely to have non-matching images on them, which must be either remedied by hand or by forcing Plex to regenerate thumbnails (which will likely mess up other shows, and honestly, I have no idea how to do it in the first place)

plausiblejosh

Postby plausiblejosh » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:06 pm

Switching to a DVD order didn't work. It's still playing the wrong episodes. I don't see anyway for this to be fixed, other than me plugging in the metadata myself. Thanks for your help.

hppavilion1

Postby hppavilion1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:34 am

plausiblejosh wrote:Switching to a DVD order didn't work. It's still playing the wrong episodes. I don't see anyway for this to be fixed, other than me plugging in the metadata myself. Thanks for your help.

Just to check, did you refresh metadata after switching it to the DVD order?

plausiblejosh

Postby plausiblejosh » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:57 pm

Yeah, I did. I really don't get it.

Also, this is separate, but you know how episodes with 2 episodes in them are suppose to be labeled as s01e01-e02? Well, I did that, but when I try to play said episode 2, it just plays the beginning of the episode instead.