The Lock of Vinland Saga (Fire Force to come)

Coordinate actions for unlocked series here.
rev.pragon

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:52 pm

Just if someone´s wondering about the Lock of Season 1.
In Case you don´t know, we only list Shows with the original first Air Date. In Case of Vinland Saga the first 3 Episodes airing on July 7th at 24:10, which means July 8th 00:10 in the Morning. Source.
I´ve already played this Game with some other Series on the past Season and it won´t happen again. If anyone is changing the Release Dates, i will lock the entire Season. I know this sucks, but that´s the Way it is. With the new Site it is possible to leave the Translations Area open and the Base Info locked. It avoid´s getting the Release Date changed again but also takes everyone the Possibility to add Pictures or other Infos like imdb links etc... It isn´t online yet, expect thet Beta and we can´t give you an exactly Release Date so someone should overthink his Actions before changing something again.

The next one could be Fire Force and Maou Sama where i´ve already changed back the Date on EP1.
No Support via PN. Read the Rules.
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:11 am

If you can lock only at the episode level instead, unless you noticed that people will mess up the next dates too for episodes 4+ I think it will be better functionally until the new site launches.
rev.pragon

Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:20 am

No because it was the same with One Punch Man S2 and now it's the same again. I'm correcting it, others change it back, on every Episode, Episode on Episode. It's getting tired...
rev.pragon

Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:21 am

Ok, unlocked S1 and locked EP1-4 to give it another Try. Changed back Fire Force Episodes 1-4 too. Next Step, Seasonlock.
hppavilion1

Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:21 pm

This does seem annoying; has anyone considered, by the way, implementing a role below moderator on the new site, such that a series can be locked to the userbase at large, but where users who are demonstrably Not Total Dicks™ can still edit them unless a higher level of lock is used?

I suspect it should be easy enough to implement, based on my personal programming experience—though it ultimately depends heavily on how exactly the site is programmed.
rev.pragon

Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:27 pm

We are planning to give Users special Rights to edit locked Series. Or temporary Mod Rights. Furthermore the Way how the Lock is working should get overworked too. But that's an Adminthing, we don't know how this works and as far as i know it won't go online with the Launch.
When it goes online i let everything newly added open. As soon as someone change something i will lock the Baseinformations. Users can still add Translations on the Episode but can't edit exisiting Infos, like Release Date. They even can't add Pictures to the Episode when it's locked. I personally would be happy if we only can lock sensitive Data like Release Date, absolut Number etc.. Hopefully in the Future.