UP Series Help

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
rainsinger

UP Series Help

Postby rainsinger » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:53 pm

G'Day from Australia. I have a large collection of films and TV, and use this site, along with themoviedb, a LOT for indexing my media.

I now have a problem in how to catalogue a series of documentaries, the UP Series, finding they are classified as 'TV Movies' in some places, but as TV series in others, and have different episodes listed on different TV vs Movie databases as 'TV movies' or TV-shows or both etc, and with some episodes completely missing from either. Wikipedia being the only space that puts them all together in one place :D

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Re: G'Day TVDB forums

Postby ByteShare » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:11 pm

Welcome!
Not sure what happened there but you posted the same thing several times (had to clean those up).

Also, since you're asking about a specific series I moved your question to a more appropriate area of the forums for more help.

I am not familiar with "UP Series" any links to the series that isn't from IMDB or a Wiki?

rainsinger

Re: UP Series Help

Postby rainsinger » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:29 pm

Thank you, I kept getting error messages, so I thought it had not gone through, then my Tablet died.
I eventually found it correctly listed here, as "The Up Series". My first attempts at searching kept coming up empty.

As it happens I believe it is perfectly correct here, but listed incorrectly on most other databases, where individual documentaries of the series are listed as movies with different titles, not linked into a series

rainsinger

Postby rainsinger » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Apologies again, my first foray onto these forums and its all my fault.! ( insert embarrassed emoji)
I usually only visit this site when my Plex Media Server isnt picking up the info from thetvdb or themoviedb sites properly. 99 times out of 100 it is my titling error and I dont need to ask for help.

I am so glad thetvdb is not only coorect, but also lists 2 Specials in The Up Series, I never knew about!!
*happy dance*

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:13 am

No problem, glad we got it sorted.

If you enjoy TheTVDB please consider helping out around here by adding series, info to series, and/or answering questions on the forums.

Cheers