SERIES LOCKED - TONY AWARDS

Coordinate actions for unlocked series here.
Inuit

SERIES LOCKED - TONY AWARDS

Postby Inuit » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi,
I thought TDVB was a space for us users (every user) to upload and update information relating to TV shows. So... I'd like to know why, after an hour or more of my time spent updating the Tony Awards page, Imzadi locked the series... and chose to erase all the information I'd uploaded.
I'd also like for this to change... and I'd love to know how to do so.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Re: SERIES LOCKED - TONY AWARDS

Postby Imzadi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:00 am

You mean the actor images you uploaded? Which had all the wrong image sizes instead of 300*450? Some even had text or even a logo from Getty images.

Furthermore the actor images should be used for a regular cast. You should have added them as an actor to the award show they appeared in. Hence the lock.

Brodi74

Postby Brodi74 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:26 am

Imzadi wrote:You mean the actor images you uploaded? Which had all the wrong image sizes instead of 300*450? Some even had text or even a logo from Getty images.

Furthermore the actor images should be used for a regular cast. You should have added them as an actor to the award show they appeared in. Hence the lock.

Yes, and Imzadi locked some series too. Why?

I like to update the (old) Magnum Series for DVD Order but there are locked…

PLEASE YOU CAN UNLOCK?!?

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:34 am

Please do not hijack other thread. And the old magnum series already has the dvd order set.

Brodi74

Postby Brodi74 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:55 am

Imzadi wrote:Please do not hijack other thread. And the old magnum series already has the dvd order set.

Sorry but no other way to contact you.

So I’m sure this has been answered somewhere else, but if TVDB does have “double episodes” that are different from the airing order vs. the DVD order, there’s no way to scrape the DVD ordering?

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:04 am

I am not sure what you mean. When a double episode aired as two episodes, you can join them as two episodes via DVD order. But you can't split one aired episode as two dvd episodes in our database.

Brodi74

Postby Brodi74 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:11 am

Imzadi wrote:I am not sure what you mean. When a double episode aired as two episodes, you can join them as two episodes via DVD order. But you can't split one aired episode as two dvd episodes in our database.

When a double episode aired as two episodes, you must join them as one episodes in DVD order. That´s what i missing!

That are different from the airing order vs. the DVD order! Some Episodes are joined.

Inuit

Postby Inuit » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Imzadi wrote:You mean the actor images you uploaded? Which had all the wrong image sizes instead of 300*450? Some even had text or even a logo from Getty images.

Well, you should have notified me and helped me do it correctly instead of blocking the whole thing. Or... upload all the information that ain't there by yourself. Whichever strikes your fancy. But I would've been polite from the get go... If this is a "community" people are expected to act that way.
So, are you gonna help me do it right? or, are you planning on doing so by yourself?

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:50 pm

As you simply ignored my reply and create a duplicate show with the same pictures, it shouldn't surprise you that I deleted the duplicate you created. The original will remain locked.

Inuit

Postby Inuit » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Imzadi wrote:As you simply ignored my reply and create a duplicate show with the same pictures, it shouldn't surprise you that I deleted the duplicate you created. The original will remain locked.

First of all, thank you for not even asking or wonder whether I'd read that reply prior to starting that other page. By the way, I hadn't seen your response. You texted today at 8:00 am... I created it last night, around 1:00 am. There goes your "politeness"...
Second of all, I guess you'll be completing this show's page by your own then? Since you've blocked it, I expect to see it complete...
I'm gonna repeat something: this is a community, where EVERY USER is allowed (no, not only allowed, ASKED TO) supply information so that the web and app have something to offer. So when a user sees that someone isn't understanding the proper guidelines to help, they're supposed to offer their aid and/or correct that other person's mistake. Cause it is a mistake (implying that a user would provide the wrong information or format just for funsies is... stupid and uncalled for). So, again, seeing that you don't wanna follow the community-based policy of the web, I suggest you start working on this show's information (cause, yeah, again, you've blocked everyone from cooperating).
Bye, Felicia!