Remove episodes

All completed requests go in here. This way we can clean our main forums, but still have this stuff show up in search.
Forum rules
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM REPLYING TO POSTS IN THIS SECTION DAYS/WEEKS/MONTHS AFTER THE FACT!
If you believe that you need to have a change fulfilled immediately, please start a new topic.

We do not actively check threads for replies as they are considered to be over and done with once they are moved here.
If you have a valid reason to reiterate an issue already covered in such a thread, please post a new topic in the appropriate area of the forum.
voldy10

Remove episodes

Postby voldy10 » Fri May 24, 2019 8:59 pm

Argentinian series Millennials (id=353123) has already aired its 16 episodes from Sesaon 1.
Soon will air season 2, but there are extra episodes in season 1 (17 to 24). Could you please remove them?

voldy10

Re: Remove episodes

Postby voldy10 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 pm

Could you please help me with this request? Season 2 has began airing and it's confusing having extra episodes in Season 1.

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:34 pm

I haven't looked into it but if you need episodes deleted you posted in the wrong place as only mods and up can perform such actions.
Moving this to Series Change Requests: viewforum.php?f=7

Also, please link the series and supporting references/evidence for the change.

voldy10

Postby voldy10 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:39 pm

This series is a bit complex. It airs in a recently new channel so there's no much detailed information.

According to first news, series was meant to have 2 season of 24 episodes each.
When it aired on TV (Net TV) it only aired 16 episodes. This was from November 26, 2018 to December 20, 2018.
On the last episodes aired there was some images of the upcoming episodes clearly saying "Next season"

On March 16, 2019 Netflix acquired the rights to internationally broadcast the series. But Netflix uploaded the first 24 episodes (16 already aired episodes + 8 unaired episodes)

Recently, on June 10, 2019 after promotiong the return of the series as a new season, the unaired episodes were transmitted on TV (episodes 17 and so on). Here is where it comes the confusion.

Netflix uploaded the first season as initially intended. However, on TV they were split at a different episodes.

On Net TV, official network that produces the series, lets you watch the episodes (https://www.canalnet.tv/programas/mille ... -completos). Accessing to episode from June 11 2019 clearly indicates that's Episode 1 from Season 2. Also you can find other videos as interviews where actors promote the second season.

Also, even though Wikipedia is not a really reliable source, you can see the 16+32 (instead of 24+24) on both Spanish (https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennia ... isi%C3%B3n)) and English version (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials_(TV_series))

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:19 am

Which got released first for S01E17-24, Online (Netflix) or over the air (TV)? I'd go with the airdate being which ever one of those is first.
As for numbering....
I'd go with how they number them on Net TV since they both produce the show and (could verify this) own the original rights to the show, such as the ability to license the show to others (Netflix).

Or am I missing anything else?

voldy10

Postby voldy10 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:38 pm

You're right about Net TV producing and owning the show so I agree with you, we should use their numbering (16 episodes for Season 1 and 32 for Season 2)

Regarding airdates, it's disputable. We could use just Net TV airdates (I would prefer this as a personal note) or use the first date they aired either on Netflix or Net TV.

Note that in Argentina there's a Netflix-like platform called Flow which produces shows with networks.
Usually Episode 1 is aired on TV. The next day the whole season is uploaded to Flow. Then the shows keep airing their seasons on TV on a weekly basis.
There's already a few shows on the DB such as id=334507, id=343513 and id=350732 and all of them have the TV airdates even though all the episodes where broadcasted first on Flow.

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:11 pm

voldy10 wrote:Regarding airdates, it's disputable. We could use just Net TV airdates (I would prefer this as a personal note) or use the first date they aired either on Netflix or Net TV.

Note that in Argentina there's a Netflix-like platform called Flow which produces shows with networks.
Usually Episode 1 is aired on TV. The next day the whole season is uploaded to Flow. Then the shows keep airing their seasons on TV on a weekly basis.
There's already a few shows on the DB such as id=334507, id=343513 and id=350732 and all of them have the TV airdates even though all the episodes where broadcasted first on Flow.

Use earliest airdate for when they are first release either online or over a broadcast, how ever in the episode description it can be noted the broadcast date.
In the future the site will likely support having more ways to track this but right now we only have one airdate.

voldy10 wrote:You're right about Net TV producing and owning the show so I agree with you, we should use their numbering (16 episodes for Season 1 and 32 for Season 2)

Do any episodes need to be removed? If so please link which ones.

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:29 am

There site is a mess: https://www.canalnet.tv/programas/millennials/
Removed episodes. Also, if you add more episodes: "Capítulo 10" and such shouldn't be used for the English Title....since it is Spanish :D
Moving to resolved.