Added series, now it's missing - Abby's

Coordinate actions for unlocked series here.
andrewjhead

Re: Added series, now it's missing - Abby's

Postby andrewjhead » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:50 pm

I will wait until I have at minimum an air date for the premiere and two episode titles before adding it back. Since I presume that will solidify the first episode's title if it does indeed remain "Pilot."

However, none of this adds up to me. You link to the NBC website as some kind of proof that there's not enough information about the show yet - but Roswell doesn't even appear on the cwtv website yet. The only information I can actually find regarding Roswell is from IMDB, which is also where mine came from for Abby's. And there again I point out that there was no air date for Roswell until I added it myself this week.

But, somehow that means that cast and title information for one show could still possibly change while another would not. If anything, Abby's has more official network information published than Roswell.

But I digress. Like I said before, just looking for clarification. Thanks for your replies. We can consider this question resolved.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Again, Roswell wasn't removed, because there was an air date, isn't wasn't removed because there were actual episode titles. And no, I did not double check them. Would it make you happy if I removed Roswell? Because apparently you do not consider this resolved.

andrewjhead

Postby andrewjhead » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:55 pm

Again - Roswell has an air date because I'm to one who put it there. AFTER Abby's had already been removed. AFTER Roswell had already been there for weeks longer than Abby's. So what you're saying contradicts EVERYTHING ELSE you keep saying.

Would I like Roswell removed? Of course not.

Would I like for the seemingly arbitrary rules around here to make sense? You bet! I never came here looking for ACTION to be taken. Just trying to understand the rules.

I was content to just wait it out and recreate it - but since you want to keep restating incorrect information I'll break it down in a list:

Series removed had: cast, title, description, network provided artwork, title for first episode as Pilot, no airdate.

Series NOT removed had: cast, title, description, network provided artwork, title for first 3 episodes with the first as "Pilot", no airdate.

Yet you JUST stated that "Roswell wasn't removed, because there was an air date..."

If the reason was because they had enough titles to VERIFY that the intention was for the first episode title to be "Pilot" then say THAT. Because air date CLEARLY was not a factor as you keep pretending it to be.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:27 am

You should either have an episode title (pilot is not enough) or a date. It's not that complicated.

blainekyle

Postby blainekyle » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:44 pm

I'm with andrewjhead in his frustrations here. I actually also added Abby's after realizing it was absent from the database, and spent the better part of a day gathering data about the show and the cast, gathering artwork, CREATING a poster since no official poster exists, and then it just got deleted without warning.

Because so much work was involved, I made sure to read all the guidelines in each section. It was never stated that episode titles and exact airdates were a requirement. It's fine if that's the rule, but it should be stated, so people don't waste their time and end up so frustrated that they never want to contribute again. I have considerable writing and graphic design skills and a few connections in the film industry, and was excited to share them going forward by writing needed synopses and creating fan art, but after this I feel like I shouldn't expend the effort because there are secret rules and at any moment hours of work could just be deleted without explanation because someone in the community decided that the content violates some policy which is not publicly posted, save perhaps for in forum posts like this which are most easily found after the fact.

And it's hard, too, to not get the impression that there is a sort of "exclusive club" mentality present here which causes senior members of the group to look down on "noobs" and express disdain for the contributions of perceived inferior authors. If that's what this is, perhaps my best path forward is to keep focusing my talents on actually creating series and films as a screenwriter and producer and then make certain to check here regularly to submit DMCA claims on any official posters and promo blurbs when they're inevitably added.

The text below is the only guidance given when adding a new series:

Series Rules
A series is exactly what it sounds like, a sequence of shows. If a show on TV isn't a series, it doesn't belong here, with the exception of documentaries. This means that made-for-TV movies, single episode specials, books, video games, and similar should not be listed on TheTVDB. These should be included in your movies directories as most movie database websites (IMDB, TMDb, etc.) take care of them. If in doubt, post in the forums before adding a series. Web Series fall under a different set of rules.

Please search carefully before adding a series. If a duplicate series is found, or one that violates site rules, it will be deleted without warning.

Some naming rules:

Do not abbreviate the series name, even if the abbreviation has become common. For example, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit shouldn't be shortened to Law & Order: SVU.
Include all punctuation and characters in the official name. If a show's name is The Ye//ow [email protected], then that's how it should be added.
If a series of the same name already exists, append the year to differentiate them (e.g. Doctor Who and Doctor Who (2005)). The original series should remain without the year appended.
If a series is remade in a different country, use the country's abbreviation to differentiate them (e.g. The Office and The Office (US)).
Series which are renamed while still airing should use the current series name as the main name and the previous series name remains as an alias (e.g. Laguna Beach became Newport Harbor: The Real Orange County)
If you find series that violate our rules, please post on our forums.

andrewjhead

Postby andrewjhead » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:40 pm

blainekyle,

I appreciate you sharing your experience and frustration.

I'd like to point out that two weeks about two weeks after this discussion (and 4 days before your post) on 10/10/18, the series was recreated BY THIS MOD with considerably less information than was original used. No actor information was included (despite it being well known and documented, no air dates, and no more artwork than the most basic of images published 6 months ago. But he has some episode titles that were published on that same day from spoilertv.com.

So clearly that website is considered to be some "official" source despite giving no official citations for their information. Oh, and I find it ESPECIALLY hilarious that they list the first episode as "Pilot" after that being a particular issue.... <sigh> I guess we'll just never be one of the cool kids.

I suppose that now that the series is officially sanctioned by the powers that be, I can go back and put REAL effort into populating the information.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:52 am

If you don't like how we do things, you are welcome to take your efforts elsewhere.