Help recovering my new reset password from tvdb.com

Forum maintained for archival purposes only.
Please post Series and Movie changes in their forums and questions regarding the validity of changes in Policy Enquiries
hbs

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here.

I need help in order to recover my thetvdb.com account. Since the new site went live and all password was reset I have been encountering this issue.

I went thru all password reset process but my email never came. I honestly don't remember what was the email I have used to make my registration.

All I got saved on my password manager (and my web browsers) was the username (which is the same one am using here at forums) and password.

I have tried all email providers I happen to use and NONE whatsoever received a reset email password. I have been doing this like I said for months on since the new website went live.

Could an administrator of thetvdb.com or anyone else help me?

I am only asking for a PM response with the email I have used to register my username hbs at thetvdb.com

Please, let me know.

Regards,

H.
hbs

Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:02 am

Hi DarklightIndigo,

Thanks for replying in PM. Unfortunately, I cannot use PM yet. That's why I came here to post again.

I look for days after my first post and never had any replies. Only today when I needed to fix an entry with TVDB that I came here to look for an answer to this post that I have noticed I had a PM message.

DarklightIndigo provided me with my registered email ********@openmailbox.com.

Here's the reason I came with another request. This email provider was down or is down. I have the password for it. But when I tried to enter it. Nothing happens.

I tried to reach them using the contact us but when I try to send a message telling my situation the massage ended in a timeout error. Not a good sign

I tried to contact them using even a VPN. To no avail. I can only presume that this mail provider is gone. So is my data.

Then I saw this: https://www.openmailbox.org/why-we-were-down

My data is gone. It what I am assuming.

I have reached to a group of users on Twitter and they told me that it was working. By that, I mean entering the iNBOX. But it didn't send an email and receiving email.

Now you see the whole picture. Even if I somehow reach my INBOX I won't be able to receive the reset password email from TheTVDB

Please, I want to recover my account. I want to ask you two things.

1) Please, remove the restriction so I can chat with DarklightIndigo or another moderator over PM.

2) Over PM I can provide more information to confirm my identity. AMA (Ask Me Anything)

I am only doing that because I no longer believes that this email provider is ever returning

Please, let me know.

H.
hbs

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:20 pm

My email provider came from the dead I was able to recover my thetvdb account.
hbs

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:56 pm

Hi guys.

I came to add some data info to thetvdb and found out that the registered email went down for good.

Can the administration PM me? I want to reset my password using another email.

Thanks