Internet Vandals

Coordinate actions for unlocked series here.
steve_mad

Internet Vandals

Postby steve_mad » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi all the community!

I´ve been using thetvdb for years, with filebot, and the results are excellent.

But recently, I discovered some iternet idiots, that spend their time vandalizing thetvdb database.

I discovered this in Spanish tv shows (my language), for example:

The Good Doctor was renamed to "The Good Pollón" (Now is fixed, the translation is "the good big dick".

And now, I´ve just discovered that OUTLANDER was changed to "OUTMONGER", and the caps were vandalized too.

I fixed the main title and caps name (in spanish section), but,

How to lock or report this actions?
Is there any way to undo the vandalized changes, and report them to an admin so they can lock the edits?

Br!

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Re: Internet Vandals

Postby rev.pragon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:23 pm

If a Series get vandalized again and again you can make an Request here and then the Show should get locked. In that Case its useful when you have records about the Changes they made and you made back to the Original.

steve_mad

Postby steve_mad » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:40 pm

Great, thanks for your help.

So, when you say "records", you mean "screenshots"? I thought admins would have edit logs (like wikipedia).

rev.pragon
Trusted Translator

Postby rev.pragon » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:58 am

i don´t know, i´m not an Admin, neither a Mod. Screenshots would help.

steve_mad

Postby steve_mad » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:13 pm

rev.pragon wrote:i don´t know, i´m not an Admin, neither a Mod. Screenshots would help.

Ok! Thanks for your help!

elebe11y

Postby elebe11y » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:05 pm

Huh...

It would be nice to hear from a mod/admin whether or not they have edit logs (whether or not they keep a record of the edit history) on the db. It's really disconcerting to hear they might not- I made a post inquiring about it here:https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=51349&p=138687#p138687 a month ago and I have yet to get a single response, from any other user or a mod/admin.

It would just be nice to know that I need to keep a record of all the sources I use and document all the information I gather when contributing to the db or not. It also sounds like a mess for mods/admins if they have to manually add everything in themselves (after reading a contributors post about it)- rather than simply checking the sources with the edit history and reverting changes.