Cash Cab - any episode info anywhere?

Coordinate actions for unlocked series here.
ninja6o4

Cash Cab - any episode info anywhere?

Postby ninja6o4 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:40 pm

Just wondering if an episode guide (or even count) has ever been listed for this TV show, or if we can track one down.
To be clear, I'm referring to the Canadian game show: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash_Cab_ ... _game_show)

Lys

Re: Cash Cab - any episode info anywhere?

Postby Lys » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:55 pm

I wasn't able to find a functional episode guide of any kind (even checked archived websites) but their Facebook and Twitter were very active when it came to announcing new episodes so I added the episodes using those.

From what I could find, it looks like season 8 only aired half of the episodes before airing reruns fulltime. 13 new episodes were scheduled to air July 2015 so I added them to the season but after even further research, it doesn't look like they aired after all. Can a mod remove episodes 14-26 please?
https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=season&ser ... 9518&lid=7

ninja6o4

Postby ninja6o4 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:59 am

Wow that's amazing, thank you!
I'm capping episodes right now but unfortunately there's nothing in the credits to indicate production code or episode number, just a copyright year, and the epg data lists the original air date of that airing (obviously incorrect)...
I wonder if there is some other way I can try and cross reference these episodes I'm capping with what you found..

Lys

Postby Lys » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:35 pm

You're welcome! :) They did put up albums of the episodes on their Facebook page so you can try to match the contestants but I noticed that the aired order may be different because the names of the albums they were putting up are out of order. For example, the Season 5 Episode 12 & Episode 13 albums were posted after the Season 5 Episode 20 album. So in those cases, it may be better to just disregard their numbering and follow whatever was posted first.

You could see if what you have matches them here:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/cashcabcana ... tab=albums

Another thing to note is for the first few seasons they only put up albums during reruns so I don't think we can be 100% sure about those and all of season 8 is in one album but that should be in order (arranged oldest to newest).

ninja6o4

Postby ninja6o4 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:36 pm

Nice, this should help immensely! I can go by the shooting location and copyright year stamped on the credits to determine which season, and use the FB photo albums to get the right episode number.

I think If they were distinctly uploading albums as S05E12, S05E13, etc. then I can only assume that to be correct, regardless of the date it was uploaded to FB.

Thanks again for your help - you might just see these caps floating about in the near future...

Lys

Postby Lys » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Awesome! Thanks for working on them, that's a lot to do for sure.

Return to “Members Helping Members”