Hey TVDB fan here

This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/
Forum rules
This forum is now read-only. Support for TheTVDB.com is now available at https://support.thetvdb.com/
MICOXD

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:45 pm

I love the setup of the TVDB and like how it works with plex. A couple of weeks ago I made a series of custom thumbnails for the Lupin III specials but I see that user "DarklightIndigo" has since locked the series and my thumbnails were taken down. I thought they were fairly good quality and I put a lot of work into them. The thumbnails currently being used look very sloppy and they appear to be stretched screenshots from the specials or stretched posters from the covers. My work avoided doing that but they may have had another issue I wasn't aware of, but I would be happy to make any adjustments if it means higher quality art being used for these specials.

Another project I was working on that has since been taken down was adding the "DC Universe Animated Original Movies" as a series to the site. I understand that this isn't exactly a series however considering that these movies are released pretty regularly and after a certain point all take place within the same continuity I thought that it would be useful to have them as series. I understand if this is something not acceptable as a series but I have seen other direct-to-home movie-sets set up as a series, many anime OVAs come to mind. I thought this would make for a great series too because many of them fall within the same continuity, unlike some other series or OVAs I've seen.

Media management is something I really enjoy and like to work on, I hope I can be of assistance in making TheTVDB a better more complete resource.
Ninez

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Sounds interesting! Not the DC Universe part :mrgreen: but I like anime
MICOXD

Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:45 pm

Ninez wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:23 pm
Sounds interesting! Not the DC Universe part :mrgreen: but I like anime
Well if you haven't already, I highly reccomend checking out Lupin III
Mistywing
Site Moderator

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Currently the site doesn't have the option of deleting thumbnails, so you're wrong about the deletion being possible. Furthermore the lock on the Specials has been in place for a long time, so even adding them would have been impossible for regular user permissions.

If you want them added, please submit a change request and provide the images. I would suggest holding off on that though as V3 will launch soon and allow for larger episode images (640x360 for 16:9 ratio images) so you can prepare but wait before posting.

As for movies, please add them as movies on beta.thetvdb.com instead if they don't already exist.
MICOXD

Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:57 pm

Mistywing wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:05 pm
Currently the site doesn't have the option of deleting thumbnails, so you're wrong about the deletion being possible. Furthermore the lock on the Specials has been in place for a long time, so even adding them would have been impossible for regular user permissions.

If you want them added, please submit a change request and provide the images. I would suggest holding off on that though as V3 will launch soon and allow for larger episode images (640x360 for 16:9 ratio images) so you can prepare but wait before posting.

As for movies, please add them as movies on beta.thetvdb.com instead if they don't already exist.
Thanks for the tip