Newbie here!

Please introduce yourself here and let us know a little bit about yourself.
Newly registered users must post here at least once before using the other forums.
Forum rules
Welcome to TheTVDB forums!
First-time posters, please take this time to read our rules.
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions

Thank you for joining TheTVDB!
We look forward to working with you to provide the best TV airing resource anywhere!
tenisonjr

Newbie here!

Postby tenisonjr » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:40 pm

Hey there!

Just joined, I hope I can be helpful whenever I spot anything wrong on the TV Time app. My main goal is that: help identify mistakes or bugs, so the admins main correct it.

So help me with that... I've read the rules and the wiki, but I like to get things clearly, therefore I'm asking: whenever I get by something weird all I have to do is 1. Search if anyone's spotted it before me and if not 2. Post about it on "Series Change Requests" or "General Discussion" (in case of a bug) with the show ID and proof of what I'm talking about. Is that correct?

Anyway, thanks to everyone involved in this so far, it's a great work!

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Re: Newbie here!

Postby ByteShare » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:26 pm

Welcome, Firstly "My main goal is that: help identify mistakes or bugs, so the admins main correct it."
Unless a page is locked or is an ability you are not able to do (delete) you should be adding or making the changes yourself if they follow the rules.
"whenever I get by something weird all I have to do is 1. Search if anyone's spotted it before me and if not 2. Post about it on "Series Change Requests" or "General Discussion" (in case of a bug) with the show ID and proof of what I'm talking about. Is that correct?""
If you are not able to make the change as a normal user, yes you'd post in "Series Change Requests" but if you are able to (series isn't locked for example) than you should be making those changes or posting in "Members Helping Members" for help.

tenisonjr

Postby tenisonjr » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:31 pm

Ok, good to know! I poked around a little bit and haven't found any unlocked shows, that's why I assumed the admins do the "back-end" kind of work mostly. But if I do find any, I'll work on it!

ByteShare
Site Moderator

Postby ByteShare » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:20 pm

Seems like you're getting lucky because the vast majority of shows are not locked. Good hunting