Hello

Please introduce yourself here and let us know a little bit about yourself.
Newly registered users must post here at least once before using the other forums.
Forum rules
Welcome to TheTVDB forums!
First-time posters, please take this time to read our rules.
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions

Thank you for joining TheTVDB!
We look forward to working with you to provide the best TV airing resource anywhere!
pawamoy

Hello

Postby pawamoy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi, registered a month or so ago, did not see that subforum ^^'

I already contributed a few translations. Posted once or twice on topics. No answers yet. Are the forums active?

Here are my noob questions and feedback (fresh, unbiased feedback though :D !) :
    - how many regular contributors?
    - is there a delay before the cache is invalidated for translations? Some I did a few hours ago still do not show up
    - I couldn't understand how to get a token for the API
    - is the v2 still under development? The account activation on platypus is not working. No answers on the related topic about this error
    - the whole system seems very rigid
      - sometimes a season is locked and we don't know why
      - to add translations for a locked season we have to request an unlock (fixed on v2)?
      - for now I didn't get any answer on the forums, and the topics I follow didn't get any answer either
        - is this due to lack of active members? mods/admins being too busy with other things?
    - when adding / updating translations, do they go through admin validation?
      - if yes, and if they are rejected, is a reason given?
      - to help with this, it would be nice to be able to add an explanation about the addition / modification
    - a system based on suggestions could be nice

Anyway, the vast majority of the data is very good, so thank you a lot for all the work everybody!
See you on the forums.

ben_ten

Re: Hello

Postby ben_ten » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:05 am

this forum has many shy people so they just view topics and dont reply.
- how many regular contributors? (i have no idea)
- is there a delay before the cache is invalidated for translations? Some I did a few hours ago still do not show up (yes there is some sort of delay)

all the other questions im too stupid to know about haha