Helllloooo everybody

Please introduce yourself here and let us know a little bit about yourself.
Newly registered users must post here at least once before using the other forums.
Forum rules
Welcome to TheTVDB forums!
First-time posters, please take this time to read our rules.
Rules | Acceptable Sources | Exceptions

Thank you for joining TheTVDB!
We look forward to working with you to provide the best TV airing resource anywhere!
brodyriver

Helllloooo everybody

Postby brodyriver » Sat May 19, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi Guys,

it's only little old me. :D

I can log into the forum but I am having a issues changing my password on the main site as requested.
I put in my email address and click on "Reset and Send email"
The page responds saying that this is a valid email address but then nothing.
I receive no email so I cannot proceed. :cry:
Help?

Regards
Peter

brodyriver

Re: Helllloooo everybody

Postby brodyriver » Sat May 19, 2018 8:14 pm

Just an update, I did try changing my password for the forum (it was the same password ) and hoped that would get around the issue, but no luck.

DarklightIndigo
Just zis guy, you know?

Re: Helllloooo everybody

Postby DarklightIndigo » Sat May 19, 2018 9:41 pm

Yeah, I know this is far from ideal (to say the least), but I remember having to do the Forgot/Validate Two-Step a few times (less than 10, more than 2) to finally get an email response.

What I remember:
Record your login for thetvdb.com elsewhere (should be visible in the settings for whatever password manager you're using, this varies widely but in Chrome it's under Main Menu > Settings > Advanced > Passwords and forms > Manage Passwords (click the eye icon to see the password)).
If there are any cookies or passwords present for thetvdb.com, clear them after recording those logins elsewhere, because they're going to continue causing issues.
1. Use the Forgot Password link, as you did.
2. Wait a couple seconds.
3. Attempt to login using your old password, should force a validation, which may or may not send the first few times.
4. Wait a couple minutes.
5. Check the registered email, including Updates and Forums folders (on Gmail) as well as any Spam or Junk folders.
6. Repeat.

It took me somewhere 10-15 minutes to finally get the validation email, but once it sends, you're in and shouldn't have to do this again.
Strangers are just the friends we haven't met yet.