Specials: The Definitive Guide (09/12/2011)

Discussion regarding locked series.
Read the instructions at the top of the forum before making a post!
Forum rules
All requests to modify unlocked entries - with the exception of series titles - will immediately be marked Resolved.

Please read our rules and our series-specific information before posting.
Specials Guidelines are available here.
Please link to the series/episode page and your sources.
Wikipedia is a good starting point for searches, but it WILL NOT be considered a valid reason for requesting a change.

In addition the following items are not acceptable reasoning for a request: scene/torrent/fansub releases, sickbeard/couch potato/etc, re-airings in another country (or new channel), and once again wikipedia.

Note: Requests to unlock a series will be denied as all series locks are in place for a good reason. Please indicate which changes you are needing to see made and cite valid sources as mentioned above. Thank you
Choppasmith

Re: Specials: The Definitive Guide (09/12/2011)

Postby Choppasmith » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:24 am

I just wanted to say that I see where ipaine is coming from. I'm actually ripping my ST:TNG Blurays right now and just noticed there's no specials for the series which surprised me. I really liked the remastering special, Energized: Taking Star Trek to the Next Level. I really have no qualms with adding manual information for little short features like a quick interview or a gag reel, but I'm just throwing the idea out there, but maybe you can have a Title/Credits rule where if a DVD/Bluray feature is of significant length and contains an ACTUAL title and credits sequence like the aforementioned Energized special, it could be added as a Special. Again, just throwing that out there as an idea.

tzgq2m

Postby tzgq2m » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Can someone please explain to me why the prequel mini-series Spartacus: Gods of the Arena has it's 6 episodes listed as specials for season one of Spartacus: Blood and Sand?

Why have the capability to mark a series as a mini-series, only to disregard that functionality and mark something as a special instead?

As others have pointed out, the watch order also makes no sense, if you watch the prequel mini-series first, you would ruin the first season of Spartacus: Blood and Sand. At the very least mark these to be watched after the original 13 episodes of Spartacus: Blood and Sand.

When I search the forum, I see many of references to this all having already been discussed, but I still don't actually see any justification or explanation.

Lastly, the usage of special episodes in general, is not handled properly by XMBC. XMBC likely drives a large percent of your usage, so you're repeatedly inviting this line of questioning from your XMBC user base.

Imzadi
Site Moderator

Postby Imzadi » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:43 pm

And still you created a new series "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena"?

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:07 pm

I explained this and justified this many times. Search harder and like Imzadi said, stop adding duplicates. The mini-series was listed on the official site as part of the larger show as a whole and pointed out directly by our users so it was listed with the main series as such. If there is a problem with the way XBMC scrapes specials then maybe you should correct it by submitting a patch or opening a bug report on their site. I hate to be a dick (sometimes) but does your address bar currently read xbmc.com? Oh it doesn't? Cool.

ownZero

Postby ownZero » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:56 pm

I searched and found a couple of old threads about my issue and they were locked.

I am writing concerning the 2003 BBC web series Shada from Doctor Who. (Shada was originally a Tom Baker era serial that was not completed originally but finished some years later. It is in the series listing as Doctor Who season 17, episodes 21-26.) The Shada script also has an animated web series version that was rewritten to feature the eighth Doctor, Paul McGann. It also has six episodes. Here it is as it appears on the BBC Classic Doctor Who web site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/ ... ndex.shtml

Also on the page are are the Doctor Who web serials SCREAM OF THE SHALKA and REAL TIME. Both of these web serials appear in the Specials area for Doctor Who as specials 35-40 and 101-106.

I am writing to request that the web cast version of Shada also be added to the Specials listing.

Thanks for reading.

goldenpipes

Postby goldenpipes » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:38 pm

hikaricore wrote:In order to qualify for addition to the specials section of a television series the video in question MUST have either aired on tv or have been streamed on the official series website or network website...

Is this why Tosh.0 specials don't scrape in XBMC? Tried standard TVDB scraper and XEM.

Ill make an NFO but just wondering if this is the reason.

Thanks

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:28 pm

goldenpipes wrote:
hikaricore wrote:In order to qualify for addition to the specials section of a television series the video in question MUST have either aired on tv or have been streamed on the official series website or network website...

Is this why Tosh.0 specials don't scrape in XBMC? Tried standard TVDB scraper and XEM.

Thanks

Do the specials you're trying to add to your library exist in the series entry?

goldenpipes

Postby goldenpipes » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:45 pm

hikaricore wrote:
goldenpipes wrote:

Thanks

Do the specials you're trying to add to your library exist in the series entry?

yes they do:

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 4391&lid=7

hikaricore
Gaius Baltar

Postby hikaricore » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:56 pm

Then no its not.

cijah

Postby cijah » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:12 pm

OK, so this may be a dumb question Hikaricore, but official trailers that stream on the shows website can also be added as a special?